Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Just wondering........does running up to the rev limiter hurt the engine? Mine is stock so I guess what.... 5500rpm ? I was just trying to see where it was in each gear and it kicked in at about 45 mph in first. So I figured 40 mph was safe in first. I hit 60 in second and 80 in third without the limiter kicking in. Going by this I reckon it should hit 100mph in fourth. So I guess my question is............am I abusing my scooter by hitting these speeds in these gears once in a while?
Colt.45

·
Banned
71 Posts
Hey guys
Just wondering........does running up to the rev limiter hurt the engine? Mine is stock so I guess what.... 5500rpm ? I was just trying to see where it was in each gear and it kicked in at about 45 mph in first. So I figured 40 mph was safe in first. I hit 60 in second and 80 in third without the limiter kicking in. Going by this I reckon it should hit 100mph in fourth. So I guess my question is............am I abusing my scooter by hitting these speeds in these gears once in a while?
Colt.45
Not something I'd recommend doing all the time, but if it feels good.......go for it . :thumbsup :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
no that's y its there to keep u from over revin it .learn the sound of engine just be for it hits limiter then u can rip through gears when your racing your bubbies with out hitting limiter. BURN RUBBER

1 - 3 of 3 Posts