Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Dont know anyone with it but it does seem like it could come in handy. Especially two up. Appears to be built well. Made in the US but a hefty price tag.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Wow. $$$$ then you have to hear grief from you buddies and Gold Wing owners.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
It's a bit pricey, but IMHO, it would be an enabling requirement for someone who had a good reason to want a sidecar.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
You can probably order one from Harley now....

What about fitting up the reverse from the new Tri-Glide? Cost?

·
COB
1,984 Posts
It's a bit pricey, but IMHO, it would be an enabling requirement for someone who had a good reason to want a sidecar.
I don't think in modern times you could live without a reverse if you owned a side car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I ride a sidecar with a Road King attached and man it is a long backwards push from my garage to the end of the drive, but I can buy gas for a long time for that money. The rest of the time if it is downhill I back in and it isn't a problem.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This price is less than the difference between a Limited and a UC OTD price; I know....I just bought an UC.

For $1600+ for a Limited you get back-lit gauges(oooo!), heated grips($170 option), a luggage rack($125 option) (but no bag guards or frt bumper), a power outlet in the tour pak ($15 Advance Auto), and chrome wheels ($460). Big Deal!

If they offered reverse for that price, I'd've been all over it! Think about being able to park anywhere you want, or get out of tight places you suddenly find yourself in...

Im saving up!

·
Banned
578 Posts
A relative had a 45 WLA with a servi-car trike tranny.
1950's
He would fire it up and slowly back up, then shut down while the other riders wrestled their bikes away from the curb.
Reverse gear makes sense,
especially when a bike weighs twice as much as the person riding it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts