Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
That looks like a nice installation kit but for the money I think I would try the trunk monkey kit as posted in a previous thread.:lol8

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
I can only afford to be carefull how I park.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed one of the Champion Reverse gear kit today. Install is straight forward. Took about 4 hours. Taking everything off to get to trany side cover took longer than the install of the kit. I will post pics when I download them from my camera. This kit works really well and you do have to watch how fast you go, or you won't be able to walk backwards fast enough to keep up.

Tim

Tim

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Ditto on the Trunk Monkey.

Reverse gear is for trikes and sissy-la-la-men that can't push their bikes backwards.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ditto on the Trunk Monkey.

Reverse gear is for trikes and sissy-la-la-men that can't push their bikes backwards.
I guess your bike does not weight 889 lbs. without gear in the bags and tour pak and you never have to back up a grade, you always back downhill or never back up in loose gravel or grass.

You must be superman if you have never been in a position and couldn't back it up.

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, just posted that I installed a kit and that makes me a sissy-la-la-man?

What ever a trunk monkey is I guess I don't have one of those. Is that a H-D add on part and is it chrome?

Tim

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
I guess your bike does not weight 889 lbs. without gear in the bags and tour pak and you never have to back up a grade, you always back downhill or never back up in loose gravel or grass.

You must be superman if you have never been in a position and couldn't back it up.

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, just posted that I installed a kit and that makes me a sissy-la-la-man?

What ever a trunk monkey is I guess I don't have one of those. Is that a H-D add on part and is it chrome?

Tim
Tim that's how I feel. at 6'4" and 215# I still struggle at times backing up my RG especially when it's loaded on a trip.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

Tim
Jeeeee-zuss.....889 lbs? :eek7

No wonder I'm not a bagger guy!! :thumb:rofl:

I can see why you'd want reverse gear. That's a ton (almost half to be exact) of weight.

Ok.....I'll admit I spoke out of turn, but man.........why so much weight?

As for the trunk monkey..... go to www.yahoo.com and type "Trunk monkey" into the search function.

Trust me....we ALL need one.........:D

In the mean time......squats. Lots of them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think my SG is 150 lbs heavier than my V-Rod was? It pushes like the breaks are binding. It feels like 500 lbs heavier. I sure wouldn't mind having reverse, especially when trying to back it up on gravel. I'm all ready to invest in another pair of riding boots, something with a tread. It's a struggle everytime I get it out and that makes me nervous. It's still new and I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I only have so much a.. (lol)

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Anywhere from 730 to 808 from factory on touring models The GVWR? as much as 1249. Think before you park. Also dont drag your legs.

Hell the 09's might be even heavier??

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I know I'm staying with my sporty now, cris sake!!!! Dam heavy to push up hill both ways. :D:rofl:

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I know I'm staying with my sporty now, cris sake!!!! Dam heavy to push up hill both ways...in the snow......on my way to school.. :D:rofl:
Fixed that Scol.............:D

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dakota dj
I would be interested in seeing your pics of the install. I have an 07 and yes I have had trouble backing before too. I tell my ol Lady she is the reverse.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts