Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2012 1200 Custom and really like this bike. This is not much of a complaint but a question. I would like to eliminate some of the vibration felt in the hand grips. I've done some research on looking up vibranatator.com and ricorshocks.com and using softer grips. But, I'm wondering if anyone has tried a bar snake or a buddy suggested putting sand in the bars. Has anyone actually purchased from vibranator.com or ricorshocks.com?

·
Banned
71 Posts
I have the 2012 1200 Custom and really like this bike. This is not much of a complaint but a question. I would like to eliminate some of the vibration felt in the hand grips. I've done some research on looking up vibranatator.com and ricorshocks.com and using softer grips. But, I'm wondering if anyone has tried a bar snake or a buddy suggested putting sand in the bars. Has anyone actually purchased from vibranator.com or ricorshocks.com?
Would you like some "snake oil" to go with that ???

It's a H-D ...it's going to shake some at idle & vibrate some going down the road. If it really really bothers you that much....try foam filled grips . ( larger sponge grips)

:biker:

·
9 Posts
Hi. I had drag bars with the standard black Harley grips on my XL 1200 CA and the vibrations were pretty bad. i change to HD thick grips and fitted reduced reach bars and i am fine now. Even can see pretty good out of my rear view mirrors.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Yea my mirrors are blurry too. I'm gonna try the vibranators and ISO Grips. I wouldn't mind it too much but I have a problem with my left hand. My thumb locks up like a Charlie horse you get in your leg. My thumb also has a bit of arthritis and gets painful when I put much pressure on it like opening a jar or clapping my hands when the Spurs are winning, or when I lean on the bike's bars.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Thanks. Yea my mirrors are blurry too. I'm gonna try the vibranators and ISO Grips. I wouldn't mind it too much but I have a problem with my left hand. My thumb locks up like a Charlie horse you get in your leg. My thumb also has a bit of arthritis and gets painful when I put much pressure on it like opening a jar or clapping my hands when the Spurs are winning, or when I lean on the bike's bars.
If your thumb locks up, or your right hand gets numb, get ISO grips with a throttle boss. I had that on my last bike and it allowed me to relax my right hand without having to remove it from the throttle. It really helped a lot with my right hand numbness. Kuryakyn also makes a rubber strap on throttle boss. Just a thought.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
If your thumb locks up, or your right hand gets numb, get ISO grips with a throttle boss. I had that on my last bike and it allowed me to relax my right hand without having to remove it from the throttle. It really helped a lot with my right hand numbness. Kuryakyn also makes a rubber strap on throttle boss. Just a thought.
Opps I just realized you said it was your left hand with the thumb problem. Oh well the Throttle Boss still might be a thought for your right hand comfort

·
Banned
71 Posts
Don't ride with a deathgrip on the bars will help also. Relax your hands and kind of let them just sit on the bars . :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the Kuryky ISO Grips and Vibranators. I can't wait to try them out. But in the mean time, I slid a 6 inch piece of 1/18 X 3/8 insulation tube used for air conditioning copper runs and boy is that soft and vibration absorbing. But it makes that grip too fat. Actually it felt great but looked dumb. Now, I have to decide if looking dumb is a priority to feeling good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts