Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many people here recommend a good dyno tune in many scenarios to maximize your bike potential. I'm now a believer. Had been running my bike with a canned map to break it in after installing my s&s kit. Got around last week to taking it in to get tuned and holy cow. The difference in response and feel is amazing. Guess I'm whole heartedly recommending you at least think about a tune and not a canned map :thumbup:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Maddog
394 Posts
This is another area that's often overlooked. People like to spend money on things like
big bore kits but often overlook simple things like a good dyno tune. Where else can you
get 10HP for $100? Nowhere I know of!

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
we had a dyno for 25+ years before semi-retiring in florida,seen more than 10hp gained out of a "decent" running bike many times

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
This is another area that's often overlooked. People like to spend money on things like
big bore kits but often overlook simple things like a good dyno tune. Where else can you
get 10HP for $100? Nowhere I know of!
I'm in....... where do I sign up for a $100.00 dyno tune?

·
Maddog
394 Posts
how much are you guys paying? (I do machine work for the guy that I use, so maybe
he really IS giving me a break. lol..)

What's the going retail price these days??

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
how much are you guys paying? (I do machine work for the guy that I use, so maybe
he really IS giving me a break. lol..)

What's the going retail price these days??
$300.00 to $385.00 depending on indy or dealer.

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
I was talking worst case, 10hp. You're right though, there's usually
more than that to be had.

Did you keep your dyno?
no,i sold it.im just doing machine work now,dont even work on whole bikes anymore(i do some big bores & cam installs,but its pretty much gotta be a freind of a friend)

·
Trade School Alumnus
502 Posts
no,i sold it.im just doing machine work now,dont even work on whole bikes anymore(i do some big bores & cam installs,but its pretty much gotta be a freind of a friend)
'noticed you avoided the "tune" price issue.:rollin

Al

1 - 14 of 14 Posts