Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Swedish Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used the Harley Ride planner for some time, it works OK. But has anyone found a way to "Save as". Right now it always overwrite my last tour. How to do it I want to have 2 version with more or less the same trip but like 2 different content without restaring from scratch. I want to use my first as base.

·
Registered
11,796 Posts
I have used the Harley Ride planner for some time, it works OK. But has anyone found a way to "Save as". Right now it always overwrite my last tour. How to do it I want to have 2 version with more or less the same trip but like 2 different content without restaring from scratch. I want to use my first as base.
Don't know if this will work for what you want to do or not, but line out a trip and name it "Trip 1", then alter it and try to save as "Trip 2". If it overwrites 2 back to 1 then you may have to enter each trip separately without changes to either trip.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have not tried it, but if you use the "Sync GPS" button and do it as a manual download you can save it on your PC as a .GPX file. This is a GPS exchange file type that most GPS software can read from Garmin, My Topo/Terrain Navigator, Magellan,... and so forth. That way you can save them on a flash drive, PC hard drive or something else

·
Registered
276 Posts
I tried it and in my opinion the Ride Planner SUCKS!

All I want to do is create a ride from point A to B....then change the route by pulling it (the route line) on the screen. But it keeps creating new points....way too cumbersome and user un-friendly.

Is there a quick reference guide or instruction manual other than the "on screen help"?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, I watched it and it was helpful. Its still not the smoothest program to use. I suppose my complaint is with the creating and moving of waypoints to customize a route from the original point A to B that the program first draws. Seems to take a lot of zooming in and zooming out to locate exact spots to drop waypoints.......but hopefully I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Thanks

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,965 Posts
I have not tried it, but if you use the "Sync GPS" button and do it as a manual download you can save it on your PC as a .GPX file. This is a GPS exchange file type that most GPS software can read from Garmin, My Topo/Terrain Navigator, Magellan,... and so forth. That way you can save them on a flash drive, PC hard drive or something else
I've used this method successfully.

·
Registered
276 Posts
SO now I've created 3 seperate trips (routes) and properly copied them to a thumb drive (.gpx file format) from the HD Ride Planner.

My question is ....can I now import ALL 3 of them to the Boom Box via the USB connection.....or......can I only import 1 route and store it?

In other words can the Boom Box accept and store multiple routes?

Thanks

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
I too have tried to do a "save as" with no success. If I want to alter a ride, I first export the route to a GPS file on my PC, edit the route and save it. The I can import the GPX file back into planner and save it as a new file. It takes a little extra time, but works.

·
Registered
276 Posts
So here is what I previously wrote in another thread:

OK.....after much trial and error and mistakes, I found this one guys video that really does a nice job of showing exactly how to IMPORT a route to the Nav. I was repeatedly making a wrong selection and filling up my nav's memory and in general not doing it correctly......here's the helpful video I found.......The "importing" begins around the 4 minute mark of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDZlwYhZ5gs

I'm happier now...... (I spent a long time removing all of the unnesseasry imports I previously messed up.......no wonder why my Nav's memory was all filled up....stupid me!)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Today when I tried to sign into Ride Planner via AOL I got a message about "can't turn off all filters" and it would not allow me to sign in. Then I switched to Google browser, booted the program up but it would not let me sign in.....same for using Internet Explorer browser.

Sometimes I can sign in and sometimes I can't........what gives?

Sure would be nice if it were a real program that I could download on my PC rather than going through HD.

Still sucks in my opinion.

·
Road Junkie
2,020 Posts
I've been getting the filters error message for several days, but it has not kept me from logging in using Chrome. Just tried Internet Explorer and it hangs before the sign-in screen paints. There have been a lot of Windows updates pushed lately, could be the culprit.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Has any one discovered a ride / route planner that actually works?
I have WASTED WAY TO MANY HOURS fighting the HD ride planner! That thing SUCKS to put it mildly..
There must be a better way!

·
Road Junkie
2,020 Posts
I have been using MyRoute-app (www.myrouteapp.com) for four years and am very pleased. You can get basic functionality for free or spend €29.95/year and get some added functionality (which I do).

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I have been using MyRoute-app (www.myrouteapp.com) for four years and am very pleased. You can get basic functionality for free or spend €29.95/year and get some added functionality (which I do).
Thank you. I fallowed the link you provided, but for some reason its stuck in a different language than English? I gave up. Due to my illiteracy with computers. Thanks anyway, i guess i will just stick with the gmaps and wing it.

Reactions: slingshot383

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
Thank you. I fallowed the link you provided, but for some reason its stuck in a different language than English? I gave up. Due to my illiteracy with computers. Thanks anyway, i guess i will just stick with the gmaps and wing it.

Went to English for me... try this link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts