·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's just something about that hill coming up to the building, I always go fast up it :D

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Cool. On my way to work I encounter just a couple of more cars than zero. Lucky you.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. On my way to work I encounter just a couple of more cars than zero. Lucky you.
no I think I passed one car just before I turned on the camera :D

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Riding on Long Island...takes courage.:)

Actually I have a V-Rod owning family member who lives down in the Hamptons and he doesn't ride much because of the area.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Hey LD... Nice to have a "cheat winter" ride eh? And as the sun was rising at that! Early morning rides very pretty in my book. And indeed, I heard that acceleration at the end :). A lot of woods in the area, but then again this is the Ozarks. Ever come across deer out and about in the early morning hours?

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was more than happy to wake up to a 60 degree morning in january! And yes early morning rides are some of the best! Yes we are right out in the middle of wilderness so there are many deer, turkey, fox's, raccoon, opposum, and others to watch out for. Usually the ride home in the evening is when the deer seem to get out. My brother actually hit a deer on his bike down that very same road in the video, luckly all that was damaged was minor stuff on his bike, he was going maybe 20 when he hit it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wish I could watch your video but it's blocked here at work. (yes I'm loafing...shhh nobody spill the beans!;)) I got to ride today also! First time in 3 weeks! Wow these days are precious in winter. Couldn't turn down a 60 degree day and the chance for even an hour on my bike!:D
I can appreciate the wildlife hazards. I live in very rural southwest Virginia. I know where all of our local deer herds and wild turkeys hang out (mostly on my mountain road!). You can never have enough eyes on the road here.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Wish I could watch your video but it's blocked here at work. (yes I'm loafing...shhh nobody spill the beans!;)) I got to ride today also! First time in 3 weeks! Wow these days are precious in winter. Couldn't turn down a 60 degree day and the chance for even an hour on my bike!:D
I can appreciate the wildlife hazards. I live in very rural southwest Virginia. I know where all of our local deer herds and wild turkeys hang out (mostly on my mountain road!). You can never have enough eyes on the road here.
I guess no matter where you live there is always something to look out for. For you guys and gals it's the wildlife and for me it's soccer moms and cell phone wielding teenagers.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
living here we get about everything, the winters are pretty quiet but the summers I'm sure the population of this place doubles or more and traffic in town gets crazy (they're actually building a bypass now).

But I do love it here, I live out in the middle of the woods with a nice 10 minute drive through a beautiful state park to get to town or to work.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
living here we get about everything, the winters are pretty quiet but the summers I'm sure the population of this place doubles or more and traffic in town gets crazy (they're actually building a bypass now).

But I do love it here, I live out in the middle of the woods with a nice 10 minute drive through a beautiful state park to get to town or to work.
I always felt that if I could get a job I liked I would live in the countryside. A very nice way of life. You must be one of the lucky guys scoring a job at the airport.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
trust me, my job is no great thing. It is a city job so benifits are good and the pay is decent, but damn does it get boring out here!
Living here is a nice way of life though, I think I'd go crazy in a big city. I've gotten way to layed back here :D

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Well Im in the suburbs about 35 miles from NYC. The best (and worst) of both worlds. The grass is always greener on the other side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts