Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been in long johns for 10 days now, and will be until next April. Might get one or two rides in if we get an exceptionally nice day, but that'll be it. Last winter I got 1 ride in February, other than that it stayed horrible.

So I put a video together for you all who like me have to stop riding for the winter.

40 megs. 4 minutes and a bit. Enjoy :D

http://www.lameschmillen.com/rides2008/desperado.wmv

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Starting to cool down now. Had to put on a jacket the last few mornings. Might have to buy gloves in a few months..... Might actually have to miss a day of riding at the end of january or the first of febuary. :rofl:

Couldn't resist Pete. :D

:stickpoke

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Pete... Nice to come along on the ride... the small town, fall foliage, trees hugging the road, the pastures. From the angle of the sun, perhaps early morning? Weekend? Things were very quiet -- I think you were the only one out and about!

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Things were very quiet -- I think you were the only one out and about!
The secondary roads here are like that - very little traffic. I've ridden for an hour without seeing another vehicle. Strange in a country this small. I think it might be because there is very little geographical mobility here. People tend to live where their parents and grandparents lived and work within 20 minutes of home.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent vid, Pete. Bring on winter..... time to switch to Guinness from this watery Coors......:D

It's seasonal for me.........
Yeah - I tend to be beer in summer and wine in winter.

It just occurred to me, I don't think anyone here knows what I look like. That's me on the end of the clip. Just for fun :D

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Very nice.
I have`nt seen that many turns and twists and trees since I went to See me Brudder in N.Cal.LOL
A Draper Compressor!!!! Now that has to be one excellent machine.LOL

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice.
I have`nt seen that many turns and twists and trees since I went to See me Brudder in N.Cal.LOL
A Draper Compressor!!!! Now that has to be one excellent machine.LOL
The Draper just went tits up on me - refuses to go over 4 bar - so I now have a new twin cylinder 100 liter belt drive job. What the hell - might as well go for a big one :D

Draper is over 10 years old, though, and never could keep up with a spray gun. Perhaps I can fix it up well enough to drive a nail gun.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,503 Posts
What bike is that? I forget what your other ride is..

All the roads around here are lined with crash barriers, trees and cliffs. Makes it highly inadvisable to fall off
I guess so, I've heard trees hit really hard.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What bike is that? I forget what your other ride is..
Suzuki GS750E 1982. It was my neighbour's previous bike before his current GSXR750 and he couldn't sell it. Gave it to me for $500. At the time the shovelhead had been impounded by administrators because the dealer went bust. Got it back a year later.
I guess so, I've heard trees hit really hard.
:D It's the reason for the very conservative riding lines and speeds you see. It's hard to find a road where you can fall off without being pretty certain of hitting something unpleasant, and I'm too old for all that :D

That said, the camera makes it look slower than it really is. Speed on any straight bits would be about 60mph.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Turning a little cold in Ala

Probably for your northern riders, my comments might seem silly. But... this week has been our coldest weather so far. 39 degrees. But the high hit 70 today. I just did a night ride mid 50's and I don't have a full helmet. Face and ears got very cold but everything else was great!
I'll probably stop riding when it hits mid 30's as I don't think I would enjoy that much cold.
Jay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ah that is why riding in CA is so good. Longer before you have to put the ride away and where we live thqt means never... Course the roads are more dangerous here so it balances out.

·
Registered
40,746 Posts
Course the roads are more dangerous here so it balances out.
Man, thats the truth right there! I just got back from spending about 7 months in the Oakland area. I swear people there purposely look for people to cut off!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts