Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever been on a ride, say, along a river or a lake and wish you had one of those Ronco Pocket Fisherman poles with you? I need to do something about that. Rode Poudre Canyon prior to heading to Sturgis this year and wished I'd had one. Hook, salmon egg...Ronco and I'd have been catching trout.

Just sayin'...

·
Mountain Rider
1,343 Posts
I love to fish too Ronnie and in fact, I used to have my own webpage about fishing! Then I sold my boat, bought a Harley and started riding and never looked back. People that knew me were totally surprised that I sold my boat. I still want to go now and then though, especially when I am out riding and I ride by or over a lake. I always picture the top water bite early in the morning and try to pick out which point or cove would be best. Old habits, hard to break.

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
haven't fished in years, but used to have a zebco ultralight rig that, when taken down would have easily fit in a saddlebag, tourpak, or even backpack. it was sturdy enough to bring in a 2-3 lb. bass. might be worth checkin out!
regards,
dave

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
I found a Pocket Fishermen at a yard sale a couple years ago, didn't work for 5 bucks. I fixed it and it works fine now. So when I go on a trip to or near water, I bring it. When I use it, people always stop and talk to me about it. You can find them on Ebay I think.
Sometimes I take the bike to go fly fishing...

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
I just get a stick and sharpen a point and spear fish. Don't catch anything but have fun and feel manly. Isn't that the whole idea?

·
Banned
71 Posts
I found a Pocket Fishermen at a yard sale a couple years ago, didn't work for 5 bucks. I fixed it and it works fine now. So when I go on a trip to or near water, I bring it. When I use it, people always stop and talk to me about it. You can find them on Ebay I think.
Sometimes I take the bike to go fly fishing...
They still sell them.

As Seen on TV Ronco Pocket Fisherman - Walmart.com

:coffee:

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,531 Posts
I have a stocked lake about 200 feet behind my house....loaded with catfish and bass. I'm a short ride from the Gulf of Mexico and the best salt water fishing in the world. I quit fishing years ago because they've made the rules so ridiculous it ain't worth baiting a hook anymore.

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
I have a stocked lake about 200 feet behind my house....loaded with catfish and bass. I'm a short ride from the Gulf of Mexico and the best salt water fishing in the world. I quit fishing years ago because they've made the rules so ridiculous it ain't worth baiting a hook anymore.
Mmmmmmm. Catfish and bass... Fillet em and fry em..... I got the corn meal :)

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,531 Posts
Bagger, this thread has me thinking about some fresh catfish for dinner. I have a huge box of Cajun seasoned cornmeal in the kitchen right now. Just need some filets.

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Now you gone and done it....playing softball tonight, but tomorrow you better believe gonna be some fried fish on my plate!!

·
luv the low country
19,253 Posts
Did just that, Ronnie. Had one of those telescopic jobbies from Meyers Thrifty Acres when I took my Rocky Mtn ride, waaay back when. Camped at the KOA campground in Cody, WY caught trout for sup and camped at another KOA in Jackson Hole, and caught some trout. Good thing I didn't get pick up by the game warden, didn't have a license.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
me was thinkin about fishing again. have not been in years. often when i ride by a river or lake i think man if i had a pole. maybe ill look into on of those small kits. for the scoot.

·
Guitarslinger
3,316 Posts
I pretty much gave up fishing when I bought my 1st bike.

Well not totally, rain was forecast for today so I decided to go shrimping. Thunderstorm caught us and we got soaked to the bone
I'm smart like that .:)

we did get a couple lbs of greentails and they were delicious.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
I love fishing, especially trout fishing. Glad this was brought up, heading up to Oregon, Idaho & Wyoming next week for about 10 days. I think I will head over to the sporting goods store and pick up one of those mini fishing poles.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Got an old Marlboro break down I take when camping on the bike. Work's for trouts, like to wrap them in foil with bacon bell pepper n onion and toss them in the fire. Anyone cycle fishing around Eugene Oregon feel free to PM me.

·
Vile Deplorable
1,435 Posts
It used to be called the Popeil (sp?) pocket fisherman when I first saw it on TV way back when. Ron Popeil was the spokesman and inventor.

When I worked for Waste Management I kept one in my pickup and when I had some down time I would head to a farm pond and catch a dozen or so bluegills and throw them in a cooler Fresh fish for dinner more times than I could remember.

I may have to order one from WalMart for my bike now. I have no idea what happened to my old one. I may have left it in my truck when I left the company. I've been using a compact take down unit I got at Cabelas some years back, but the entire kit is too large for packing on long trips.

·
Been There Done That
228 Posts
Cabelas sells a high quality Daiwa 7' rod and spinning reel that breaks down into a plastic box that I have used on my bike rides. Very stowable. Even room for some plastics and spoons in the box. About $70.00

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It used to be called the Popeil (sp?) pocket fisherman when I first saw it on TV way back when. Ron Popeil was the spokesman and inventor.

When I worked for Waste Management I kept one in my pickup and when I had some down time I would head to a farm pond and catch a dozen or so bluegills and throw them in a cooler Fresh fish for dinner more times than I could remember.

I may have to order one from WalMart for my bike now. I have no idea what happened to my old one. I may have left it in my truck when I left the company. I've been using a compact take down unit I got at Cabelas some years back, but the entire kit is too large for packing on long trips.
Ya, after Ron's cadre of gadgets got huge the renamed it "RONco".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts