Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
RIP Michael
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Marc and I live in Vancouver, WA with my wife, Denise. I am 48 and started riding when I was 8. Bought my first road bike when I was 18. After I had kids and settled down I quit riding for many years. Last July our oldest son Michael, a 14 yr Navy vet was stabbed to death in Phoenix and we inherited his bikes, a 2013 RG custom, 2011 Hayabusa, and a 2008 GSXR 1000. The 1000 was sold to his roommate, the Hayabusa is getting ready to be sold, but we decided to keep the Harley and start riding again as we are empty nesters.

I have only logged about 1800 miles so far, but have been thoroughly enjoying it. Bike is stage 1 with V&H Power duals, blackout round slip-ons, and K&N air cleaner. Just bought a 12" Freedom shield and have LED headlights and 12" Malo bars on the way.

I have been bending pipe and tubing for a living for pretty much the last 25 years and am looking forward to the forums.

Thanks for suffering through my spiel.

Marc

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,466 Posts
Welcome to our forum, and sincerest condolences for the loss of your son.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. I can't imagine the loss of a child. Strength to you an your wife as you deal with this void.

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your son. Enjoy the memories you have every time you swing a leg over his bike. I'm sure this is how he would want it. Welcome to the forum from N.Y.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Jesus...there is no way I could sell my son's Harley, especially after something like that. Bless him for his service, and God Speed.

Welcome.

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
What a better way to honor your son's memory than to ride on. I guarantee he will be riding every mile with you.

·
Registered
39,528 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your son.

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Sorry to hear of the loss of your son. Our condolences, thoughts and prayers.

Welcome to the forum from SW Oklahoma.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
RIP Michael
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the welcomes. I just got the RG at the end of last summer, so I'm just kind of exploring this year. Went around Mount St. Helens a couple weeks ago. Nice thing about living around here is that within a couple hours you can be at the ocean, mountains, or desert, or nice fertile wine country. All have their share of nice roads to ride.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome from the Houston, TX area. Sorry about your loss.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts