Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Frozen Member
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I joined this forum yesterday and I have already gained lots of valuable info!
After a 20 year break since my 73 hardtail sportster, when I was looking at bikes I fell in love with an 07 Softail Deluxe with a stage 1, V&H longshots and various other minor stuff to polish. I'm not even sure whats stock & whats not on some of it.
Never thought that was my style, and everyone said to stick to a traditional swingarm, but once I saw and heard this one my search was over! Its only got 4000 total miles and about 500 on the upgraded motor.
I picked it up last week & can already see a compensator in my future. No noise from the primary yet but in traffic it surges badly at low rpm in 1st/2nd. I haven't figured the exact milage yet but it seems low so maybe a tuning is in order too as it also pops heavily on decal. I got a cd and computer cables with the bike but don't know anything about this stuff yet.
Looking forward to learning lots from this forum and maybe meet some new friends!
Pete

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
:welcome

Alaska is on our bucket list.
Ride to Seattle. Ferry to Alaska and run the Alaskan Highway.

Hope you hang around and share some stories.
Is always nice to know somebody when out and about far from Home.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Yes I know Alaska is two times larger. I lived there during the '64 earthquake and the '67 Yukon River flood. My dad taught at Fairbanks. Hope to go back sometime. On my bucket list also.

Doc

·
luv the low country
20,312 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts