Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need new riding boots. My wore out pair of Bates have been great but I can't find them in the style I want.
Looking for input on what you all like. I prefer 10" high with zipper and waterproof. Not limited to that though.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hemi. Out of stock....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Need new riding boots. My wore out pair of Bates have been great but I can't find them in the style I want.
Looking for input on what you all like. I prefer 10" high with zipper and waterproof. Not limited to that though.
Check out Academy Sports. I used to wear boots similar to these, but have just been wearing my steel toed work boots of late.

Good luck

Exco

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,119 Posts

I like that style too, last pair I got were HD boots I found at Sears.

·
Retired citizen
24,534 Posts
Rocky Boots or Sportsmans Guide. High paratrooper style with lace up and side zipper.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I got a pair of Danner Striker Torment GTX. They are only 8" but they are waterproof and made in the USA. They are truly waterproof. I have stood in water nearly to the top and my feet were completely dry. They are comfortable as tennis shoes and seem to hold up well. I switched from 5.11 ATAC because I am trying to buy American. I have been very happy with the 5.11 boots as riding boots. Just my 2 cents. Hope you find the right boot for you.

·
Registered
12,074 Posts
Dub, I bought the HD I think they call them "Brakelight" boots. Not 10", they are 6", and not rated as waterproof although they did pretty well in heavy rain. Each boot has 2 heavy duty zippers and they came with too many HD decorations for me so I removed most of them and they also had "decorative" laces which served no purpose so I cut them off. I have a wide foot, usually take an "E" width. But these boots run wide so even though they are available in a wide version the regulars were plenty wide for me.

The reason I'm telling you all of this about a boot that is not exactly what you are looking for is because they are the most comfortable boots I have ever had. You might check out the other HD boots to see if they have something closer to what you are looking for. I bought mine on sale but now that I know what I like and the size I need in these boots next time I will buy from Kutter or one of the other dealers that discount HD stuff.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some GREAT suggestions. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I love my made in the USA Carolina boots. Have logger ones and engineer style. But neither of them have zippers which can really suck sometimes. Both mine are safety toe too.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,764 Posts
Just picked up a new pair myself. Fry's are nice. Always had Engineer boots but I went with harness this time. Damn nice boot made in USA.

Footwear Shoe Boot Athletic shoe

Text Font Poster Room Logo

But I still ride in these more than any others. Also made in USA.

Footwear Boot Shoe Work boots Brown

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks so much guys. After googling most of these I ordered the Danners that 1Shot recommended. not much for lace ups but these look fantastic.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 57 Posts