Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find a good pair of riding boots that will actually be waterproof when riding and don't look like moon boots. I have Woolverine black work boots right now that keep me dry when working in rain and when standing in ankle deep water but when riding in a decent rain my feet get soaked. Has anybody found boots that work and don't cost 300.00?

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
If you have an Academy sporting Goods near you, check them out.

I bought my Harley Davidson boots there a whole lot cheaper than at the Stealership.

If not, find a good pair of Red Wings on sale.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Like my Bates Black Canyons. Hit'em with some mink oil & you'll be good to go. Right around a hundred bucks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use gators. They go over my regular boots. So far here in Washington in summer real heavy rain my feet have stayed dry.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I've been using Georgia loggers, light insulation and waterproof. Where around 130 at the feed n farm store.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,970 Posts
I use gators. They go over my regular boots. So far here in Washington in summer real heavy rain my feet have stayed dry.

I use gators also, over my Thorogood boots. My believe it is the only boot still 100% made in the USA.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wear Double H harness boots. Have for years. A little mink oil before you polish them and they will keep your feet dry!

·
Poser Member # 99
18,144 Posts
2nd the mink oil I just wear my steel toe work boots there black.
If I can work in them all day I cam ride in them all day.
I bought them at the local Wally World been wearing the same type of boots for 10 years .50 bucks for the Shoes

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Thanks 1Shot for the recommendation on the Danner Striker Torrent STX 8". These are serious boots and so comfortable.

·
Registered
684 Posts
No problem Dub. I also recommend 5.11 waterproof boots. Both those and the Danner are tactical, light and waterproof. I think they feel like tennis shoes and don't look half bad either. I think the Danner boot hold up better than the 5.11 from my field testing.

·
CVFFCV
112 Posts
I picked up a pair of Bates for like $60, but they kinda suck. They are waterproof, but don't breathe at all. Think I'm gonna hit up cycle gear and see what they have. Id rather wear my Merrell hiking boots, waterproof, slip proof and breathe great, but they dont really look right when youre on a bike, lol.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
I picked up a pair of Thorogood tactical style boots with side zipper at the local Red Wing shop down here. Right at about $100. Hosed them with waterproofing (Camp Dry) and wear them year round. Very comfortable and durable.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Anyone wear the 7" Harley manifold (slip on) boots? They look nice but looks don't wear well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts