Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2020 FLHTCUTGSE CVO Black Stardust Trike
17 Posts
I started riding early 1970s. I ride all year. Never could keep my legs, feet, toes & hands warm, ever. I rode & lived with it in Kansas and Idaho. A year and a half ago I accidentally stumbled onto this amazing website. The name of this company is REFRIGIWEAR. Been in business since 1956. They make cold climate gear for the big freezers ( -20 degrees and lower). They advertise gear that gives one a comfort level of -60 degrees F. Yeah, you read that right. I followed this company for the last year and a half. It checked out good, so I bought several items. This gear works. The first time my legs, feet, toes and hands have been warm and toasty, ever. I do not use battery powered heat and their gear kept me warm and snug as a bug in a rug. Their website does, also, sell to men and women who work outdoors. I have rode from Chubbuck, Idaho to Idaho Falls, Idaho (46 miles) several times, to the H-D dealer, early morning on I-15 at 80 MPH with a wind chill of -14/-16 degrees F. Toasty warm. I have never found any other items that could keep me warm until now. They have comfort levels of -60, -50, -30, -20, -10, -0 and higher degrees. I will be riding to Helena, Montana in January, 2023. 323 miles one way. Best way to test this gear. Leaving early AM, dropping off Santa's Sleigh Bells with a little BS and heading right back to the barn. Next year I am riding from Idaho through Wyoming & points east to arrive at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, South Carolina on the 10th of November to celebrate our 248th United States Marine Corps birthday. Semper Fideles.

· Registered
2020 FLHTCUTGSE CVO Black Stardust Trike
17 Posts
View attachment 819649

Thanx for that. I ride all year here in Idaho. Cold be damned. One important thing about Refrigiwear is it was and is designed for wear & working in those -20 degree F. freezers plus for wear & work in the outdoors. It was never designed for riding motorcycles. For me it is only brisk (that spells NOT COLD) down to around 0 degrees F. At that point it does tend to get cold. One has to keep the wind chill in mind when riding that does change the value of any clothing. Temps do drop in the wind factor making it a challenge to see what one can do with what one dons for the ride. #1 factor is keeping the wind off of all direct contact with ones skin. Any direct contact with ones skin pulls body heat from that portion of ones body and rather quickly, at that. Heat absorbs into cold; as the wind blows onto, over and past ones skin it absorbs ones heat at an all to quick pace. I have found that Refrigiwear does work and a mighty fine job it does. Is it perfect, hell no, but it works better than anything I have worn, to date. I do not use battery operated or powered and heated equipment. Batteries fail, wear down and can short out; then where are you? I depend on my body and what I wear to keep me warm. This Refrigiwear does exactly that and it doesn't take a great amount of layering to accomplish my warmth factor. I am a firm believer in it. I live to ride all the seasons. It is not for everybody, it is for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts