Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some riding gear. Who makes the best riding vests and jackets out there. On a tight budget so I need them to be affordable.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Try Jafrum.com

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,331 Posts
Leather up is good

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Looking for some riding gear. Who makes the best riding vests and jackets out there. On a tight budget so I need them to be affordable.
Big difference between the two extremes. "Best quality" riding gear is usually at a higher price point than what new riders are usually willing to pay. I have been there and done the exact same thing. I initially went with riding gear that was "affordable" and it served my purposes for a few years. LeatherUp has a good selection of affordable gear. I found as time went by, the true quality became evident when multiple zipper tabs began breaking; seams in the coat liner began to unravel; buckles loosened on their own.

This year, I decided that to get through another winter, I needed the higher quality riding gear. I purchased a new leather coat and chaps from Fox Creek Leather and could not be happier with the investment. I could tell immediately the difference in the type and thickness of the leather used to construct the coat and chaps. Both are much more substantial than my previous leather items. I am confident that my new coat and chaps will prove to be durable and hold their value for many years.

·
Registered
39,568 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
i like this quote:( who makes the best gear out there) then quote:( im on a budget)
WTF man you want the best or not. sorry could not resist this.................
the best cost $$$$$$

·
Poser Member # 99
17,668 Posts
I'm just cheap with the dollar

I've bought the high dollar items and had Zipper issues and seams coming undone too . But it normally due to use and age and care

·
Registered
935 Posts
I bought my coat, vest and chaps from leatherup.com. No complaints

I wear the coat most of the year for the past 6 years and it still looks good. Take care of the leather.

I think I spent a total of about $220

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Former Lurker
2,923 Posts
I have received both of the HD FXRG (Med weight and the summer weight w/holes) as gifts...
The jackets are really nice, the zippers are bit light weight, and I do not think I would have spent the $$ if buying for myself...
The wife was real proud of getting them as a gift, so of course I "Love 'em."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts