Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new pair of riding gloves. Just wondering what others are wearing. Looking for a pair that will provide comfort, stop that early morning chill and good wind protection.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
That choice depends a lot on whether you are a Maximum gear or Minimum gear type rider,
I tend to wear the heaviest leather gear I can for the temperature. So I'm wearing heavy padded
gauntlet gloves, way more for road skid protection than warmth at this time of year.

I have some trick liners, thin and cheap ($3.99) but reflect heat back to my hands, Michael Jackson lookin'
shiny gloves. They make the heavy gloves work great on some pretty cold mornings,
go in my pocket or pack for the ride home.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
In the summer, I wear heavy leather military gloves, sans liners. In the winter, the liners go back in, and I also have gauntlet style gloves, like Nathan's.

I love the guys that wear those fingerless gloves........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
142 Posts
In the summer, I wear heavy leather military gloves, sans liners. In the winter, the liners go back in, and I also have gauntlet style gloves, like Nathan's.

Fingerless gloves in the Summer on a long ride = reduced vibration in the hands, also try them using two cycle equipment such as a weed wacker or chain saw.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
Fingerless gloves in the Summer on a long ride = reduced vibration in the hands...
That made no sense to me at first, since in my mind there is no such thing as riding with no gloves.

...also try them using .... chain saw
"fingerless" in the same sentance with "chainsaw" gives me the creeps

·
Registered
93 Posts
Olympia makes some nice gloves. Try the goretex lined leather gloves, they are water proof as well as wind proof. They are around $35. My 1st pair lasted 11 years.

·
a new old fart
238 Posts
I'm not a brand type of rider, all I would say is as long as your gloves are soft and takes no effort to close your hands you can put in a lot of miles without cramps. a stiff glove makes you work to grip the throttle and after a few miles you start getting cramped, just my little input.
L.A.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
i wear mesh that kevlar in the right places in the summer

in the cooler days i have gauntlets that are armoured as well ..all black of course

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Don't forget the gloves usually say "HARD CORE"" across the fingers as well......:lol8

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I never ride without gloves. Mesh in the Summer, Spring and Fall it's Icon unlined deerskin leather and in Winter it's Harley FXRG.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Fingerless gloves in the Summer on a long ride = reduced vibration in the hands....
Agreed, but the purpose of wearing gloves is for protection in case of a fall, and wearing fingerless gloves does NOTHING, but make you look (seemingly) cool.

Putting your hands out in the event of a fall is almost involuntary. So's losing the skin off your fingers, or picking tiny stones out of your fingers, weeks after the wreck because you were wearing fingerless gloves.....

40mph x 15' of road = BONE.

You might as well wear a condom with the tip cut off.

Hell.....let's just get totally crazy and drink Decaf coffee while were at it. Or Non-alcoholic beer......:D

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I wear O'neal Monster Energy gloves:thumb They look cool & I GET A GOOD GRIP/FEEL ON CONTROLS, BUT WIND PROTECTION is so-so. Put it this way brought bike home from pops shop yesterday, temp was 50, hands were just a little numb:cool:

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,255 Posts
In the summer, I wear heavy leather military gloves, sans liners.

I've got some Linehandler's gloves from back in the Navy days..but they suck below 40..even with the wool inserts...haven't found anything for sub 40 that didn't stop my fingertips from going numb..then hot.

Need some sort of gloves that have good insulation on the top of the hand, and next to nothing on the bottom..hate feeling like I'm holding a towel over my grips in the winter.

Anytime over 60°, no gloves...though 100°+ days...the metal gets hotter as I go down the road...only times I contemplate getting
Summer gloves.

I tuck and roll when I lay my bike down. Elbows and forearms paid the price...they're much more resilient than fingers, and wrists.

·
Texas Biker
51 Posts
Unless it's a freezin-ass cold day, I wear mechanics gloves year round. Their tough, comfortable, utile and usually cost under $20. I have fingerless, gauntlett's and others, but I'm sporting my black no-name mechanics 98% of the time. Try 'em, you'll like 'em.

·
BatRod
502 Posts
I bought Lex's Icon gloves kind of as a lark, but have found I like them the best of all my gloves, except for the fingerless, which I only wear when its warm out (one of these days..).

·
Texas Biker
51 Posts
Daniii, didn't the guy Bruce Lee fought on that island wear gloves like those? :eek7

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Armored Teknic gauntlets with kangaroo palms... crash-worthy, lightweight and very comfortable.

I wouldn't go with a non-gauntlet style b/c that extra 2" of hide is gonna protect my wrists in the event my sleeves get pushed up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts