Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new rider, just bought my dad's 2000 Sportster 883. So far, the most fun I've had is tooling around in the country, no traffic, no noise...well, I'm making some nice noise!

I used to be in the funeral busines and have always liked these small, out of the way cemeteries out in the country. Thought it might be a neat idea to photograph some of the more interesting ones and share them.

As much as I hate Illinois, late Spring and early Summer look like a great time to ride. It's really nice out in the boonies.

Here's St. Andrews Cemetery in LaSalle County, IL between Leonore and Grand Ridge.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
There is a cool graveyard in Hugo, Oklahoma..it has a big Circus section..some of the most amazing tombstones you will ever see.if ever in the area it's worth stoping and takeing a break and walking around and checking them out...also have seen some pretty nice HD theme headstones too...

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Well at least you don't have a green bike and taking pics like that. They say the color green on a Harley is the death color. No since in pushing your luck with self fulfilled prophesy’s. Although I know of one here that is supposed to be the oldest in the state, I’ll try to get a pic. My girlfriends 11 yr old son freaked and had nightmares after we visited it. Some of the graves were sunk in about a 6 to 12 inches and he asked why. I said the old coffins probably caved in from the rot. He said he got shivers when I said that… poor kid.

Edit add:
Green Motorcycles

Supposedly, a green painted motorcycle is bad luck. The legend has it that the Harleys used in World War II were often sitting duck targets, and many military riders got their butts blasted off them. And since they were painted Army green, it eventually translated into modern folklore.

This one might actually be true. I know a guy who had a green Road Glide, and dropped it several times, one time injuring his leg. Then he got the bike repainted, with a different shade of green, and wiped out on it again. From what I could recall, when his bike still had the factory black, he never crashed it.
http://www.motorcyclephilosophy.org/

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
I'm a new rider, just bought my dad's 2000 Sportster 883. So far, the most fun I've had is tooling around in the country, no traffic, no noise...well, I'm making some nice noise!

I used to be in the funeral busines and have always liked these small, out of the way cemeteries out in the country. Thought it might be a neat idea to photograph some of the more interesting ones and share them.

As much as I hate Illinois, late Spring and early Summer look like a great time to ride. It's really nice out in the boonies.

Here's St. Andrews Cemetery in LaSalle County, IL between Leonore and Grand Ridge.

[/URL][/IMG]
It's right beside the sign..."Keep Off Grass"...:rollin

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Back in the day I used to keep company with this hot little, kinky chick whenever I was in Fla.. Her thing was to drop acid, drink tequila and have sex in grave yards on tombstones. Never fully understood, but hey, did I say she was hot? :D

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Back in the day I used to keep company with this hot little, kinky chick whenever I was in Fla.. Her thing was to drop acid, drink tequila and have sex in grave yards on tombstones. Never fully understood, but hey, did I say she was hot? :D
Did you complain?

Do you still have the phone number, I can't stop thinking about it now?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good way to get chiggers on your nuts. This may or may not have happened to me. :eek:uttahere:

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
That's terrible dude, I got chigger bites in Maryland once around my ankles. The only place bug spray didn't cover was covered by my socks. You got them itchy turn painfull red bumps with white puss on your sac? Ouch! Sac musta looked and felt like your toilet looks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's terrible dude, I got chigger bites in Maryland once around my ankles. The only place bug spray didn't cover was covered by my socks. You got them itchy turn painfull red bumps with white puss on your sac? Ouch! Sac musta looked and felt like your toilet looks.
Yeah, then I decided to put clear finger nail polish on the bites per some ones advice. Not smart!

I was young and dumb :fitz

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
I don't know about a sister, but she had a friend who would shoot roman candles out of her butt at parties.... Those were the days.:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you grow up in the country (like I did on a farm in Ohio) cornfields make excellent trysting places, but poison ivy on difficult-to-explain body areas is a hazard. Fortunately the party on the bottom gets the worst of it.:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts