Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photographer Billy Ray (not the country singer) from LIFE magazine, spent a few weeks with the Hells Angels in 1965. I've put together two dozen of them which cover a run from San Bernardino to Bakersfield. I also included some great quotes from Billy Ray about the time he spent with the Angels. It's interesting to compare what what going one with the Hells Angels in California with what was going on with the Outlaws back east during the same time.

Riding with the Hells Angels

·
Try'n to behave
5,846 Posts
Great job Jim! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I wonder how many of those guys are still around. I'll bet they have a few stories to tell.

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts
Excellent pics, pans. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hells Angels in the Wind

Taken in 1965 on a Hells Angels run from San Bernardino to Bakersfield, CA. Great images of motorcycles heading down the road. Plenty of shots of single motorcycles, that give a good look into the custom motorcycle scene in California in the mid 60's.

Hells Angels in the Wind

·
Asylum Inmate
11,655 Posts
Nice Jim. Forget how small the motorbikes were back then. They are set up as riders not show bikes. Love the close formation side by side. Still my favorite way to ride if I am with a 70s rider that knows how.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 36 Posts