Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever ride, see, or hear a ridley before? ridley motorcycle link

I've been thinkin of maybe getting one for my wife, she rode bikes in the philippines when she was younger but doesn't like anything with a clutch. So I've had the thought to maybe get her a ridley for chrismas or birthday or something, I've just never heard much about them.

·
Liquid Cooled Member
92 Posts
My wife wanted one of those for a while... She changes her mind as much as I change my underwear....

We looked at them last year at Delmarva Bike Week. Looks like a really nice bike. Nice and light too.

Someone over on 1130cc got one for their wife... I can't remember who at the moment.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife wanted one of those for a while... She changes her mind as much as I change my underwear....

We looked at them last year at Delmarva Bike Week. Looks like a really nice bike. Nice and light too.

Someone over on 1130cc got one for their wife... I can't remember who at the moment.
Yeah I posted this over there too, it was unclefester that got one for his wife. I'm just afraid if I got one and had problems with it, there isn't a dealer all that close to me and I'm sure nobody would know how to work on them and who knows how much and how hard parts would be to get.

·
1,074 Posts
Good friend of mine got one the beginning of this year for his wife. She absolutely loves it and it gets all of the attention when we're out riding. She has been riding for years and has no trouble with a clutch but just fell in love with her chopper. It sounds pretty good too for only being a 750.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been hearing good and bad about the ridleys, the biggest thing I'd be worried about is the reliablity of them since the closest dealer is 100+ miles from me. I think if they are pretty reliable bikes I would love for my wife to have one and 100 miles isn't all that bad for regular maintenance stuff. I think I'm going to have to go see one in person to really make up my mind. The other thing is the price :eek: these things aren't cheap! I think one of them scooters might be a better idea :D

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
This may not be the kind of thing a motorcycle enthusiast would want to hear, but if a Ridley dealership is far away or if they are just to few to make life easy, then why not look into one of the larger scooters? They can get up to 80+ mph and don't need clutch work either. Their mileage on a gallon of gas cannot be beaten.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw a centrifugal clutch for HD's for sale at the dealer in Rapid City. Might be a nice compromise......
That would also be a good idea, I see used sportsters for sale all the time that we could actually afford and have one them there centrifugal clutch's put on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts