Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the cast rims from a 2005 Superglide a direct bolt on to a 2007 Street Bob? I want to swap out my spoked wheels for cast, but have to do it as cheap as possible. Found a set of rims on Craigslist but don't want to have to deal with swapping out bearings and such. Thank you for any input!

later,
KrustyTC

·
HawgDawg
265 Posts
Are the cast rims from a 2005 Superglide a direct bolt on to a 2007 Street Bob? I want to swap out my spoked wheels for cast, but have to do it as cheap as possible. Found a set of rims on Craigslist but don't want to have to deal with swapping out bearings and such. Thank you for any input!

later,
KrustyTC
Would be great if we could just trade. I have an '02 with mags and want laced wheels. Hard to tell, though if they would just bolt on. Nobody, even the Harley shop, knows.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts

later,
KrustyTC
No, 2006 and up use a 1" axle front and rear. 2005 and earlier use a 3/4" axle on the front.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here, I have mags and want spoked wheels on my 05'. Why the change if you don't mind me asking? And I'd certainly swap with you too.
I actually prefer the look of the cast wheels over the spoked. Just my preference. Plus I can paint them black to match the rest of the bike. My rims are all chrome. The newer bikes have black rims with chrome spokes. I'll be 100% honest, they are starting to get a little pitted from the brake dust too. Still look good though.

later,
KrustyTC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.