Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,327 Posts
What brackets? At the header or the ones on the rear under the saddle bags or something in the middle. Either-Or....have 16K on my limited and nothing has happened.

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts
Make sure the pipes are seated correctly. On an angle could put side force on the bracket beyond its limitations.

Any evidence of an exhaust leak?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the bracket under the frame that holds the crossover pipe in the middle and the bracket beside the right floorboard not the saddle bag brackets the were installed by the dealer and they actually replace them for me the first time free even though rinehart said they were out of Warranty and I have no signs of an exhaust leak

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts
It's the bracket under the frame that holds the crossover pipe in the middle and the bracket beside the right floorboard not the saddle bag brackets the were installed by the dealer and they actually replace them for me the first time free even though rinehart said they were out of Warranty and I have no signs of an exhaust leak

Oh, ok. The crossover bracket failing wouldn't be a symptom of anything that could cause a leak. I was picturing at the head.

Make sure it's good and right and make sure all your other connectors are right too. You don't want movement or play in your exhaust system. I can't explain why yours are failing. Sorry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was really just wondering if any one else has has this problem I have emailed rinehart to see what they say but the dealer installed my exhaust along with many other mods and all work well and run except the exhaust which sound great and make good dyno numbers paired with 255 cams by the way

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update on my issue rinehart called me after my email to them and asked me to look at the brackets and explain them how they were installed turns out dealer installed bracket under transmission incorrect which broke it and the put more strain on rear bracket so they are sending me new brackets for free and ill be installing them since the dealer got it wrong twice

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts
Update on my issue rinehart called me after my email to them and asked me to look at the brackets and explain them how they were installed turns out dealer installed bracket under transmission incorrect which broke it and the put more strain on rear bracket so they are sending me new brackets for free and ill be installing them since the dealer got it wrong twice

I love a happy ending. :thumb

·
This side of CRAZY
42 Posts
Yet another great reason to buy American! Good to know customer service is still alive!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rinehart true duals

Bracket for the front exhaust pipe that mounts to another bracket mounted on the right side of the motor just broke on my 2012 Ultra Limited. Seems the broken piece that is attached to the heat shield looks like cast steel, that's what broke, both top and bottom portions the bolt goes through. I'm just going to sandwich the remaining pieces with steel washers and tact weld the washers to the exhaust.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's not the Headers It's the bolts that hold the bracket on. I have Vance and Hines power Duals and broke one bolt and the other vibrated out causing a transmission leak and a cracked pipe. I'm on my second set. This time extra lock-tite and lock washers on that bracket. good luck!
P.S. there is accually there is an updated torque spec for those two bolts on the bottom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts