Sad. God speed.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Terrible....prayers for the family...

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,464 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Prayers for the family!

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Awful, so sad to hear this. Prayers to Mrs.Tilley and family and the HD family at Tilley Harley Davidson.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I hate hearing about losing another rider. Godspeed and prayers of recovery for the family.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I don't ride a motorcycle to add years to my life , I ride to add life to my years !
We all know the dangers going in but for some of us the joy and freedom of riding is so passionately ingrained that its worth the risk . Like someone once said , you are never more alive than when your riding your cycle !
Thoughts & prayers go out to family & friends .

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
I don't ride a motorcycle to add years to my life , I ride to add life to my years !
We all know the dangers going in but for some of us the joy and freedom of riding is so passionately ingrained that its worth the risk . Like someone once said , you are never more alive than when your riding your cycle !
Thoughts & prayers go out to family & friends .
Very well said!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Thoughts with the family. So sad

·
Registered
365 Posts
terrible news. RIP Don, n Prayers to wife n family...

·
Registered
730 Posts
I was getting ready to start a thread on this, and am glad to see it is already here. Here's another link: Statesville mourns dealership owner who died in crash

I've done business with Don, bought a transmission from him a few years back. Good man, RIP and prayers to his wife and family.

·
Former Lurker
2,912 Posts
That's a drag.
They own (or at least used to, not sure if they still do,) the shop in Salisbury, NC as well.
Statesville is a really nice dealership.
Know several people who bought their bikes there...
Had some service done.
A class operation...

Mile post 394, I know the area well. Used to have a vacation house in Weaverville, NC 394 is a couple of miles from where I would get on the BRP...

·
The other white meat
2,214 Posts
sad news...
Certainly wish Don God speed and big time prayers for Robinette to have a speedy recovery.
Sincerest sympathies to all his family and friends.
Don did a lot of good and his helpful ways will be remembered for a long, long time.
We passed by that spot up on the BRP saturday morning and already some other folks had stopped by to leave some flowers...
Don was well known as a top notch tuner and a part of HD racing history, he will be sorely missed.
Thanks for posting this up 2010hdultra.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts