Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a accident a few weeks ago. Car pulled in front of me I hit his passenger door and he took off. My shoulder and elbow is fractured but it could of been worse. My question is my bike is a 11 Fatboy lo and my riser is bent so I'm obviously changing them my question is the ones on the bike now are the stock one's my problem is the mirror's we're always at my shoulder so I bought extended mirrors and they we're good but the one broke so I have the ones that came with the bike so if I change the risers would that help if I put the old mirror's. Was there a difference in the regular Fatboy and the Fatboy lo riser's . I did change the bar's and throttle cables a few years ago with the regular Fatboy handle bar's. Any help or input would be appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I could be wrong but, on this pic:
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

It looks like the riser is okay but, the bolt going through the bushing and riser is bent. You won't know for sure until you pull the bars.

That dent in the tank, is that from the triple tree hitting it or, did it come in contact with something else?
If that's from the tree, inspect the frame closely. It may have bent or cracked the frame where the bar stop got sheard or bent. A damaged frame is the no 1 killer of a vin by insurance.

The tree is defiantly tweaked but, often it can spring back when the fork clamps are released.

Handlebars and crash bar are both toast.

Hope you get healed up soon and back in the breeze!

·
Registered
26,948 Posts
Sad to hear about your collision. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I believe the difference between the Fatboy and the Low is in the suspension.

Did you file a accident report with the police?

If you file a insurance claim , they may total the bike ...
the down tube brace where the highway bar attaches to the frame is something a claim agent would look at, if it is bent or the paint is cracked they would write it off as a loss for frame damage.
Your jacket and helmet can be claimed too if damaged.
If you are missing time from a job because of the injury... you can claim lost time.

Any HD dealer can do a damage assessment of the bike, it will cost a bit , but they will have all the part numbers and prices itemized so if you want to try repairing it you'll have a list to go by, or leave it at the dealer for them to fix.

Get a folder and save all the receipts for anything accident related, from the flatbed , storage and repair of the bike, to the ambulance ride to the ER , the x-rays , bandages , plaster , pain pills and physical therapy.

A personal injury lawyer may be helpful navigating all the fine print and legalese insurance companies are fond of, and to get you a fair settlement.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could be wrong but, on this pic:
View attachment 816159

It looks like the riser is okay but, the bolt going through the bushing and riser is bent. You won't know for sure until you pull the bars.

That dent in the tank, is that from the triple tree hitting it or, did it come in contact with something else?
If that's from the tree, inspect the frame closely. It may have bent or cracked the frame where the bar stop got sheard or bent. A damaged frame is the no 1 killer of a vin by insurance.

The tree is defiantly tweaked but, often it can spring back when the fork clamps are released.

Handlebars and crash bar are both toast.

Hope you get healed up soon and back in the breeze!
That dent on the tank is near the seat. That happened when it hit the guys car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glad to hear your on the mend, I'm sure car drivers look right through bikers without seeing them. I think bikers when driving a car a far more aware of bikers, cyclists, pedestrians. Driving off usually means drivers not insured, drunk or on drugs.

·
Registered
2004 fatboy, 2014 SGS and 2019 heritage
168 Posts
Glad to hear your on the mend, I'm sure car drivers look right through bikers without seeing them. I think bikers when driving a car a far more aware of bikers, cyclists, pedestrians. Driving off usually means drivers not insured, drunk or on drugs.
Yeah, people suck, I am more aware of all the others on the road/sidewalk since I ride. I will say this, seeing a cyclist just makes me want to run there f'n arses over. They think they own the road, they are wrong, bikers do :cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually he smiled and took off. I had 2 witness that got his tag # but it came back to a different vehicle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually it happened on the 12 lane Blvd. I was riding in the outer lane and he was the the center lanes there's a crossover to get in the outer 3 lanes and he sped through the crossover and in my lane his car was still angled and I hit the passenger rear door. And he took off that's how they do it in Philly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, people suck, I am more aware of all the others on the road/sidewalk since I ride. I will say this, seeing a cyclist just makes me want to run there f'n arses over. They think they own the road, they are wrong, bikers do :cool:
Man I'm glad ur ok, I been on the road for a few weeks and it's clear people could give a shit about bikers they know they f*:ked u and don't even look at u like u don't exist

1 - 17 of 17 Posts