Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Rivera Primo LED headlight today. It is new to the market as a 5 3/4". It has integrated turn signals in the housing and a glass lens.

I will post a review when I receive it and get it installed.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You haven't installed it yet??? Still waiting for that review!

·
Wayward Son
23,314 Posts
Similar to this one? Not the Phase 3 though. It is a big light. Can be over powering size wise. Real glad I went with the 23" front wheel. Helped balance out the looks of the front when it came to proportioning.
Has not been road tested yet. Installed it using the LED banks as turn signals then pulled off the OEM ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You haven't installed it yet??? Still waiting for that review!
Whoops kind of forgot about this.

I am not impressed with this headlight. To me the lowbeam is no brighter nor does it have better projection than stock.

The high beam is brighter and has further front projection but it has no side projection it is straight forward.

I'll take some pics when I get back into my state in 1 to 2 weeks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I wonder if it will at least last longer then. My factory original lasted 28 years until the low beam burned out. So I replaced it with a newer style halogen bulb housing with the standard low/High bulb (I think they are 35 watts/55 watts. After only 3 months the low beam burned out, so I replaced the bulb with a supposedly brighter 55 watt/100 watt bulb. To be honest, I don't see much difference in brightness at all, even on the much higher wattage high beam. Maybe the Rivera light will at least last longer... I really can't afford the $400 to $800 ones I've heard are really good, But I've seen the Rivera light for as low as $191.

·
Wayward Son
23,314 Posts
As far as brightness. The design of the reflector plays a huge part. The part that sets inside the housing behind the bulb.
It is responsible for focusing and projecting the light down the road.
It does not matter what wattage bulb you put in.
Oncoming traffic may see a brighter light. They are in affect looking into the headlight bucket and seeing the "trapped" light if you will.
But without a better designed reflector, the increased light is not being projected down the road. So it is of little to no help to the Rider.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I went ahead and ordered one for my scoot. I did a review on it in the electrical section here.

For me at least, it's a lot better than what I had previously. I saw the same issues you did with the low beam. For as wide as it spreads the light, it needs more brightness to cover that big of an area. The high beam works good for me as I ride to work on a dark two lane country highway with lots of animals at night. (The first night I used it I had to swerve around 3 raccoons and a possum, plus a suicidal deer was standing at the edge of the road deciding if I would be the one to jump in front of or not. He decided no.)

It's much better than what I had before, probably more because what I had before was dismal in comparison more so than that this headlight is so spectacular. But for the price ($191 on sale) it's a big improvement for me.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, I forgot about this thread again. Thanks for the review, I ended up being fired 2 times this year, still fighting the first, so I haven't been on here much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts