Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the reduced reach bars installed.
Anyone who dislikes the riding position on the RK due to the handlebars should check these out.
Now it feels like I control the bike...not the other way 'round
about 300.00 in parts and labor(including grips)..at the local H-D dealer.
One dealer I checked with wanted 672.00 just for labor...lol..so shop around.
Can you see the difference?
Sure can feel it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
the stock bars are the only thing I dont like with my new RK. my dealer gave me a $675 price also. $300 sounds doable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ended up going with the Hertiage Sytle bars (3 inch) instead of the Reduced Reach (2 inch) because of my height in the seat. The 09 RK standard bars causes me to bend down and forward much like a cavity search at the airport.

·
Registered
342 Posts
YES the new style Heritage bars are the way to go and they work with the stock abs line and all cables. I bought the bars at Chicago HD for under $70 and had them installed at first service for around $160.

They are worth a try before dropping the large wad on other bars.

08 FLHR ABS

I ended up going with the Hertiage Sytle bars (3 inch) instead of the Reduced Reach (2 inch) because of my height in the seat. The 09 RK standard bars causes me to bend down and forward much like a cavity search at the airport.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the Harley part number for your reduced reach bar? It sounds like what I have been looking for. I have a 2008 Softtail Deluxe and today just bought "Custom Handlebars-Touring" part no. 56557-95. They describe it as "Our poplular Road King Touring Handlebar in chrome. Narrower and taller than stock bars for added comfort on long hauls.": It has a tip to tip of 31.25" compared to the 33.50 of the standard deluxe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts