Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

I'm new to this forum and looking for some help. I have a 2015 HD Road Glide and after changing out a new battery my speakers don;t work on my Boom Box radio. All the functions work, i.e. seek, scan, tune, etc., even the volume bar display moves up and down. I just don't get any sound out of the speakers now that the new battery is installed. I checked all the fuses and looked to see if any wires were not installed/connected, and everything seems in order.

Someone told me that the Boom Box has to be "reset with a factory code," but I see nothing about that in the manual. Any input on this my friends?

Thanks for reading my thread...

Blue Bagger

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Is it possible the switch for the cb/speakers/communication got changed?

·
Retired citizen
22,124 Posts
Before removing the battery on late model Harleys the bike needs to be put into 'service mode' or preset memories and setup features will be lost and have to be reprogrammed.
This feature goes all the way back to the Harmon Kardon sound systems.
Change that to can be lost.

·
Registered
637 Posts
When I changed the battery in my 2015 Ultra Limited, I undid the negative cable first, then the positive, then pulled and replaced the battery, then hooked up the positive lead first then the ground, no siren, no issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I changed the battery in my 2015 Ultra Limited, I undid the negative cable first, then the positive, then pulled and replaced the battery, then hooked up the positive lead first then the ground, no siren, no issues.
Thanks for replying Slingshot, that’s the steps I also followed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before removing the battery on late model Harleys the bike needs to be put into 'service mode' or preset memories and setup features will be lost and have to be reprogrammed.
This feature goes all the way back to the Harmon Kardon sound systems.
Change that to can be lost.
Schmidty I think you may have the answer there! Looks like a trip to the dealer will be needed. Oh well... Thanks for your input, very much appreciated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts