Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
harley_guy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever intalled a set of the H-D Road King Classic saddle bags locks? The instructions are pretty good until you get to the latch portion. Thanks.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
No doubt.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dave's rant came in handy for this newbie! LOL
-Caper
Yeah...the thing is...all I asked for was an opinion! I don't know wh the other guy is that got pissy with Dave, but man did he f*!& it up for me coming in!

Me and Dave had a good talk on PM and made good. He seems like a real good guy and seems to have a wealth of knowledge.

By the way...even tho I'm new here too...welcome!

By the way, I decided to go with the King (classic). I fell in love with it when I saw the '09's at the dealer. Selling my Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight (I just listed here in the classifieds tonight).

I did consider the Street Glide and the Electraglide, but didn't want to be stuck with a fairing. With the Road King, I can buy an aftermarket fairing that uses the same quick release hardware as the windshield, so I can swap them out if I get bored or if my riding style changes.
JD

·
Registered
157 Posts
I did these locks on my RKC
www.inertiawrx.com
love em.

This is exactly what I was looking for. My Strat has lockable saddlebags and I was a little disappointed when I saw that the H-D bags didn't lock. I think after I get it, I'm gonna follow-up with a set of these locks.
How hard was the install and do you like the function of them? Any complaints?
JD

·
Registered
212 Posts
I may be able to get my hand in,but can't get anything out but a shirt.that makes the bag hard to disform.bottom of the bag is reinforced with a steel/hard plastic .It took me about 35 minuets each side .The hard part was drilling into the leather and plastic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts