Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rider
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally found one on eBay at a reasonable price. Been searching for a new kit for my 2005 for over two years and those found sold for $700 and more. Not to mention rare to find in the first place. Persistence paid off, I found one new about the price of a new one with taxes!
I am a very happy camper right about now. Just in time for best riding season. Have anyone installed one have install tricks they want to share?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
what kind of kit is it? I looked for one for my 06 SG and no go. they advertised the Harley kit as basic plug and play. guess that depends on your abilities. My abilities would have required a shop! I gave up and put a "brakeaway throttle lock" on love it so far.

·
Rider
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a obsolete bolt in kit for the road king. I been search for one for two years. Works like a car unit. While engaged it monitors bike speed,tach,brakes and throttle roll off. Auto disengage by braking. Clutching (high rev). Took two hours to install.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try Cruisemount for the info you need. I put the Road King cruise unit on my FatBoy Lo using their wiring harness kit.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
23 Posts
My ex-wife's 2001 Caddy looks just like the one on my RKCustom, right down to the cable. Next time she asks me to work on it, I'm going to swap it out with mine and see if it works. Auto salvage might be new source for HD parts! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts