Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode my 98" FLHRCI to a buddies house. Turned off the engine and returned 20 minutes later and hit the starter and all that it did was click. The Bendix was engaging but would not turn the engine over.

It's not the starter (I changed it ) or any of of the relays or switches. The engine has seized up and the starter will crank it till it hits a point and BAM it stops cold.

Something appears to have came loose in the engine or tranny. Has anyone got an idea what this could be ?? It rode like a rocket ship until I turned it off and restarted it.

Would appreciate your input.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
i guess yur sure it's not the battery or connections,, ground lug. if they twist under the fastener it may be a poor contact

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,215 Posts
Clutch not disengaging? Neutral indicator wonky?

I'd sure find a gear I could roll the bike in and determine for sure if the engine was siezed.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Pull the plugs, see if there is raw fuel in one or both of the cylinders. If so the float might have gotten stuck and overflowed into the the intake.:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Something is jamming between the primary chain and sprocket/clutch basket? Usually don't see a seizure on shutdown, unless someone misses their Prozak dose
Scot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts