· Try'n to behave
6,781 Posts
Decided to name her "Privilege"

First bike I've named....

Reactions: Chief Illiniwek

· Registered
2014 Road King CVO
12 Posts
Added one of these to the new members area, but thought I'd drop in the Road King fanboy/girl area as well.
View attachment 810028
View attachment 810027
I am picking mine up this Friday exact same as yours albeit I dont have the bars. Which ones are those and what size? Did you have to swap out cables and wiring or did the stock lengths work for you? Thanks Brian

· Señor Member
20,375 Posts
Here is a picture of my 2014 Road King CVO, I'm picking it up this Friday (6/24) and all I can say is it was LOVE at first sight! I'm pretty excited since this is my first Harley Davidson and I think I did ok given it is as clean as it is and has ultra low miles with only 5500 and it didn't hurt that its already had a ton of work and extras added to boot. The previous owner had a good eye for detail as far as I can tell and took great care of it. The only thing I plan to do is add taller bars (12" or 14" can't decide) on it since I am 6'1" and I think it will provide me more comfort on those longer rides. I named it Dream Catcher, since I am now catching those dreams that once eluded me!

View attachment 811485 View attachment 811486 View attachment 811487
I just got your “conversation” message. I think I replied to it correctly. But, I’m using Tapatalk on my phone so I’m not sure.

Anyway, I’m 5’10” and my 14” bars are perfect for me. And yet I wish I had 16s. I honestly do.

At 6’1”, you’re going to get the 14s and a month later wish you did 16s. I’m almost certain. When I did mine it was either going to be 12.5 or 14. I did 14, immediately wanted 16. And I’m three inches shorter than you.

Do what you will, but I had to say my peace. Lol

Here is me with 14s.

· Señor Member
20,375 Posts
View attachment 813234

My "new to me" 2004 Road King. Purchased 6/3/22. 95 inch big bore kit, SE cams, SE Hybrid cam plate and Hi-volume pump, Kerker exhaust, Mustang seat. I installed '90-'95 Fat Boy bars as I didn't like the beach bars. This photo is north of Red Mountain Pass on the Million Dollar Highway in Western Colorado.
Nice! Welcome to the forum. Just rode Million Dollar with Haus a couple weeks ago. What a ride!

Pro tip: lose that passenger pad if you’re not two up so we can see that curvy rear end (my favorite part). Lol

Reactions: steampunk

· Registered
2007 Road King Classic
180 Posts
07 RK Classic. Got her a couple of weeks ago so she's a work in progress. So far, between short rides I've changed the Headlamp, fogs, and brake lights to LED, added a bit of chrome and done a lot of initial maintenance. Takes time. :)
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

· Registered
24 Posts
I am picking mine up this Friday exact same as yours albeit I dont have the bars. Which ones are those and what size? Did you have to swap out cables and wiring or did the stock lengths work for you? Thanks Brian
I believe I do have the wire extensions on these, and not sure if the cables are stock or extended. I bought the bike with the bars picutred and promptly changed them out for something more like stock. The ones I have are 12 or 14", I dont recall exactly. Somone told me they looked like they were Factory 47 bars, but I can't verify that. They are sitting in my garage and I need to sell them, if you're interested. Just havent gotten around to posting them yet. I have changed up the bike quite a bit from that original picutre. Currently she sits like this:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

· Registered
1 Posts
Well since there is a thread for electra glides and other full fairing bikes how about a thread for us road king riders. Post up them pics!

Here is my 2010 Road King Classic.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Fuel tank
Here's a shot of my 09. Just picked up about a month ago. Mostly stock but have already added some chrome. Looking at adding these wheels but can't decide on all chrome or the black/polished. Suggestions?
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Tread Bicycle part
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

· Try'n to behave
6,781 Posts
View attachment 814712 View attachment 814712 Here's a shot of my 09. Just picked up about a month ago. Mostly stock but have already added some chrome. Looking at adding these wheels but can't decide on all chrome or the black/polished. Suggestions? View attachment 814713 View attachment 814712 View attachment 814713 View attachment 814714 View attachment 814712 View attachment 814713 View attachment 814714
All Chrome.

But it's your bike, get the ones YOU like.

· Registered
2007 Road King Classic
180 Posts
Sweet! Another vote for chrome but what's wrong with the ones on there now? Look much better than my spokes imo.

3041 - 3060 of 3080 Posts