Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just bought a 2006 road king a couple of weeks ago and suddenly when he's riding the check engine light will come on and the bike will quit running. He will turn the handlebar switch off and then back on and it will start up and away he goes, for a few minutes then check engine light comes back and quits running again. Service at the dealer said it might be lower motor mount broken putting stress on wires leading to fuel injection, and I think he's gonna take it in to have checked out next week. Anyone ever have this happen? and/or have any ideas of what it could be? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Road King Quits Running

My brother just bought a 2006 road king a couple of weeks ago and suddenly when he's riding the check engine light will come on and the bike will quit running. He will turn the handlebar switch off and then back on and it will start up and away he goes, for a few minutes then check engine light comes back and quits running again. Service at the dealer said it might be lower motor mount broken putting stress on wires leading to fuel injection, and I think he's gonna take it in to have checked out next week. Anyone ever have this happen? and/or have any ideas of what it could be? Thanks in advance

·
Banned
71 Posts
Read the codes and see what they say first. Sticky in electrical section tell you how to pull codes and what they mean .

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/electrical/4352-big-twin-carb-efi-dtc-intructions-codes.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We did that and it came up with a P0261 front injector open
just have no idea what to do or try now

·
Banned
71 Posts
We did that and it came up with a P0261 front injector open
just have no idea what to do or try now
Check to see if the wiring came loose there first . Then check the main motor harness plug .

A MoCo Service Manual along with the Parts Book and the Electrical Manual would be a great thing to have right about now . :)

·
Retired citizen
23,358 Posts
Front injector wire is broken inside the insulation, can't see it either. The wire breaks inside about an inch from the connector. The tie strap around the wire and frame is to tight so cut the tie strap.
With the connector off the injector see if you can stretch either wire, the one that stretches is the one that's broken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts