Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently trade up to a 2019 road king. Ordered a taller shield and when it arrived went to the owners manual to get the removal instructions for the old shield. the manual tells one to lift the springs, pull forward and lift. No problem. Installation is the reverse. After transferring the hardware and installing the shield again I noticed the springs they want you to manipulate don't do a darn thing, They don't hook over, go under or attach in any way.

Stopped by the dealership and inquired and was told that's just the way they are. What am I missing? If they serve no purpose why are they there?

Puzzled to no end

·
Registered
28 Posts
They are suppose to hold the windshield on the rubber mounts but never do. The wind will hold the windshield back on the mounts. Only thing is if the bike is parked out in the wind it can push the windshield off the top mounts.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
On my 2002 RK those springs do hold the windshield in place. Can't remove it without pulling those springs up and out of the way. Maybe they just need adjusting or re-positioning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts