Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a LARGE time. We try to go twice a year. We might have to go again in the fall! We stayed at the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville NC this year. Visited some friends staying at the Iron Horse and road the tail of the dragon and the Cherohala Skyway. On the way back home we took the Blue Ridge Parkway from Cherokee to Asheville. We even saw Santa.

Hope ya'll are doing well!

RoadSofa

Attachments

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They tell me the police presence is very visible right now.
The TN police are thick as thieves. There was a lot of traffic and we didn't have a lot of opportunity to exceed the limit anyway. Still, absolutely wonderful riding conditions

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
RS.... Rode DG and the Cherohala for the first time last month on a 3500 mile ride to the east. Hit the Cherohala at 6:30a and DG shortly after 8:00a to avoid the mayhem! Had a fantastic time seeing friends and family along the way, with a little work on the side. Great pics you have. Looks like Killboy captured an image of you?

Yes Dinero... have read about the overbearing presence of enforcement on the TN side.

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RS.... Rode DG and the Cherohala for the first time last month on a 3500 mile ride to the east. Hit the Cherohala at 6:30a and DG shortly after 8:00a to avoid the mayhem! Had a fantastic time seeing friends and family along the way, with a little work on the side. Great pics you have. Looks like Killboy captured an image of you?

Killboy was unavailable or on a break when we came through. Fortunately there are now several copycats on the dragon 129pics.com and zeephoto. I'm glad you got to ride the roads out here. Cherohala skyway is one of my favorites! Long sweeping curves. My bike was running pretty rich at high altitudes (I've got one of those old fashioned carburetors)

Did you get a picture on the dragon from your trip? You may have been a little early on your way through

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
RS.... Really? 129pics.com and zeephoto? I'll check them out! I was too early for killboy on July 4th when I went through but did see someone on a corner take my photo as I passed. Maybe there is indeed a pic of me out there on the Dragon!

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The wife and I were riding the Smoky's in later July 2007. We had a BLAST.

I will be in the area again next week for the HOG rally. Looking forward to the riding more than the rally stuff.
Nice Pics Harleyguy! Did you have fun at the rally?

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts