Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading out for a mini vacation/ road trip in about an hour or so.

I'm heading from the Shreveport area of Louisiana up into Arkansas. My plan is to ride up Route 7 to and through Hot Springs.

I'll be stopping wherever I see something that looks interesting.

It should be a good ride, and it's a good way to just run away from life and all it's stresses.

If I take any pics, I'll be sure to post 'em up.

Be safe out there

Exco

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sounds like a really nice time
I've spent a lot of time on the northern part of that rt some of its called something else now but its still the same great path

Over this winter I'll be moving back and plan to ride that and several other great roads in Arkansas

CANT WAIT :banana

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
you couldn't go wrong with hitting Hwy. 7 and just staying on it till it quit.
enjoy your trip.

·
American
28,694 Posts
Have a great time!

·
Administrator
13,275 Posts
Dang, you beat me by 24 hours. Doing somewhat the same thing. Heading to Queen Wilamena lodge for tomorrow night and then work my way back home on Wed, the long way.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a good ride. A lil over 200 miles. A bit tiring and dipping into the iron ass catagory on a Sportster.

I will be heading cross state tomorrow, heading down 70 to Murfreesboro, Nashville, and Hope before turning south towards home.

Queen Wilamena and Rich Mountain are both beautiful, gtr, but I'm up that way on a damn train far too often to want to see it while out on the bike.

I took a few pics, and I'm sure that I will take more tomorrow, I will post 'em when I get home.

Exco

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
430 miles later I am back home. I froze my ass off this morning, as it was in the low 50s when I started, but I was able to shed layers as it warmed up... finished up in a t-shirt.

Here are a couple pics that I took.

After so long, and so many folks wondering where it is. I have found Waldo.

These next two are of Lake DeGray in southern (sort of) Arkansas. There are near the damn/ spillway.

Crater of Diamonds State Park in Murfeesburo, AR

You can actually go down into the mine to try to dig up some diamonds. You can keep anything that you dig up.

A few pics of various "rocks" that they had on display in the gift shop.

There were a few other places that were picturesque, but for me it was more about the ride than it was where I could stop to take pics.

Exco

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Go to Hot Springs and dig for diamonds.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go to Hot Springs and dig for diamonds.
The opportunity to dig for diamonds was actually on the way home in Murfeesboro... apparently it's a big deal and well known...(which was news to me).

Exco

1 - 10 of 10 Posts