Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rideGoing to my sister's college graduation in west KY next month... leaving Chicago on the 8th and taking the two-lane thru eastern IL on down to the Ohio river valley. Should be done with the family obligations by Saturday noontime and have tacked on a few extra days for some unsupervised wandering.

Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions? Anybody wanna come out an' play?:ride

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
That sounds great KB. Have a great trip!

If you plan on making your way toward Long Island on your journey, please come and visit. Theres a couch with your name on it.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
what part of KY.. sounds like you will be in my back yard.. the blue ridge parway is a good 4 to 6 hours from here..

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She lives in Paris, TN... her school is in Murray, KY. If I go east, I'll probably pass within shouting distance of ya!

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BRP is beautiful... I love that part of the country!

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
um yeah you are way close to me.. my family is in clarksville and paris is a hop skip and a jump i think murray might be an hour.. give me a shout.. serious

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
A fine ride ahead for you KBO. I rode from Cincinnati to Memphis on a Road King rental several years ago and explored Abraham Lincoln country before going on to Western Kentucky and doing more wandering.

Murray is near the Land Between the Lakes. Take a look at a map and see these nearby huge things. Much to see in this wooded and water filled area. On your way south through Illinois go all the way to the very southern tip of Illinois, to the town of Cairo. There you will find a small park that is at the very bottom of Illinois. Walk to the southernmost point and there on your right you will have the mighty Mississippi and on your left will be the mighty Ohio. They will merge right in front of you and it is an impressive sight. Like two big moving lakes. Sometimes I wonder how the flat boat rafters coming down the Ohio two hundred years ago gaped and stared at the intimidating huge river (Mississippi) coming from the north to join them.

Pic taken at the confluence. Stand here and you can have smug satisfaction of being the southernmost person in Illinois. Ha! Plus, it's on the way to Murray. Wish I had a wide angled lens. The Ohio on the left, Mississipi on the right...

Later on, the skies cleared, south of Murray...

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You, sir are in my envy. Is there any place you haven't yet been?

South of Murray... Hmmmm.... could that be US 641, en route to Hazel? I'm embarrassed - I've been going through there 2-3 times a year ever since I was 7 years old and have never really taken the time to explore the area, as beautiful as it is. This trip will be an attempt to make up for that oversight.

A couch is only pervy if it takes quarters, or has built-in... oh, nevermind. LOL!

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hope to find myself in your neck of the woods some day! :)

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
i can give you a guided tour of LBL.. there is plenty to see..

·
COB
1,984 Posts
A couch is only pervy if it takes quarters, or has built-in... oh, nevermind. LOL!
Not true! I can tell a story of my un-neutered full sized Chihuahau and my armpit when I was napping as proof.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts