Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm in a little of a dilemma, i do not own a HD yet. but in the next few month i will be purchasing one either the rocker C or the street glide. i was wondering beside the obvious difference of one being a touring bike and the other a softtail, can you tell me the pro's and con's of each.
i will be doing mostly locally riding, but once in a great while may do a long trip.
i really do like the rocker c but not sure how it would feel riding for long trips.
and the street glide not sure if i would want something that bulky to do local riding can somebody please shed some light on my situation thanks..

·
sober 2 nite
223 Posts
I went for the Heritage for me best of both worlds you can strip the bags screen off in half hour different look,but each to his own:ride

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
I have a rocker and I think its great. If I was to buy another bike I would add the streetglide. I have buddies that have a s.g. & a road king. Both are nice. I ride for pleasure that's why i got the rocker. The seat is slick the way it's works but not very comfortable for a long ride. I did a trip last summer for a long weekend (about 500 miles) of riding and I was fine, saddlebags would have been good. I would go on any trip length with mine. But I am considering a new custom seat. Either of the two bikes are great and you should consider doing a demo ride of both. Good luck and lets us know what you get.

·
Registered
6 Posts
rocker c

Took one for a ride last friday loved it made the women sit on the seat a fue times witch means nothing.she said it was ok but problem is they wood not let you test ride with a pasenger.I love the bike and woman said buy it so I did.Having them put the v&h wide radius pips on and tuner with new air package. As one person said on the forum if it works for u do it.And I say tomorrow is not promised to anyone.
Be safe . MIKE

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I ride a Rocker-C, and think it's a great bike for a "barhopper". I took a 200 mile trip or so the 2nd weekend I had it and learned that if your a big guy...That factory seat is more uncomfortable than it is fugly. Which I thought was hard to beat, but it did it.

I say go with the Rocker-C and enjoy every second of it! We need more Rockers on the road!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Man, just take a look at the two,,, there is ur decision...lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
jk man, to each his own, do not want to hurt any feelings, but since you asked for opinions you know what they say,,,everyone has got one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds to me that a Rocker would be a better choice for your style of riding, but, like was previously stated, take a test ride of both... I'm biased, but here are my few findings with my time with my Rocker C (2008): aftermarket parts practically don't exist. HD changed many bolts/parts/designs with this bike- lots of parts are unique/custom and expensive and only used on this bike. Consequently, parts are hard to find. Also, next year, HD is discontinuing the Rocker line. I don't know why. I think it's the best ride that HD has ever produced. Some people don't like anything about the seats. I find it comfortable, even on an 8-hour ride or a 2-hour ride in a downpour (that sucked). These are some of the problems that I have experienced or heard about the Rocker line.
On the other hand, like I said, it is an awesome bike! I have successfully been able to make or find any aftermarket parts that I want (sometimes at great expense, but...). My friends have a S.G.. It's a nice bike too, but a completely different look and ride.

PS. You can always put bags on your Rocker if you need or like the look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rocker vs. Street Glide both nice

i'm in a little of a dilemma, i do not own a HD yet. but in the next few month i will be purchasing one either the rocker C or the street glide. i was wondering beside the obvious difference of one being a touring bike and the other a softtail, can you tell me the pro's and con's of each.
i will be doing mostly locally riding, but once in a great while may do a long trip.
i really do like the rocker c but not sure how it would feel riding for long trips.
and the street glide not sure if i would want something that bulky to do local riding can somebody please shed some light on my situation thanks..

·
Registered
4 Posts
rocker vs. Street Glide

i have a C and the 1st thing i did was get rid of the trator seat. it was to hard on my back. i wwent to the rocker standard solo seat! the bike is much better on mid to long rides now. day and night difference. i love my rocker, but the street glide is the only other model i would go with.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is the one thing i was gonna add! I own a bagger so i'm biased to the SG, comes with bags and a stereo so ya never have to ask ur buddy to carry ur shet!! :laugh
I got ya Jason! I do have a bag now for necessities!

·
Registered
134 Posts
A Black Rocker with the gray powdercoat and a properly equipped Heartland kit is the hottest bike on the planet, bar none. Totally unique and rare, unequivocally representing HD. Wish I had one.

·
Registered
260 Posts
A Black Rocker with the gray powdercoat and a properly equipped Heartland kit is the hottest bike on the planet, bar none. Totally unique and rare, unequivocally representing HD. Wish I had one.
Umm I dont know about all that. I am sure there are few few others on here that might disagree with the hottest bike on the planet part.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I got ya Jason! I do have a bag now for necessities!
Got any pics of the bag and some info on where I can take a look into getting one? Website? Prices?

Thanks.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I beg to differ...

IMO, a black (with ghost flames) Rocker C with an AME 14* 8" extended chopper kit, V&H Big Radius black pipes, SE cone air cleaner, 300 back tire, and a SE 113 ci kit would be the baddest bike on the planet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the Rocker and love it. For comfort AND looks the stock seat has to go though. I opted for the Danny Gray with gel, alligator inlay and pearl grey stitching for $375 from Sterling Seats. Still not a long haul bike though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts