Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love using computer forums. It's sort of like cheating. If you dont know what your doing you can pose a question and 20 people with more smarts and more experience are more than happy to chime in and try to help.

Whats better than that? Well maybe a couple of things but not many.

Anyway

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to put an extra wide rear swingarm on the bike in order to fit two skinnier tires on the axle with the right spacers of course instead of one fat one. Would that be an advantage? Seems like it would be really good for going straight down the road but turning not so much. Maybe the front too.

Like the bike with the Viper motor in it.

I cant seem to upload a photo so here is the link to the BBBad ass Tomahawk

http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/tomahawk.html

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
the tires on the tomohawk move up and down independantly, I can't see an advantage doing what your describing.....other than just being something different.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Looks like a pretty complicated solution.......

To not having to put your feet down at stoplights.:D

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I love using computer forums. It's sort of like cheating. If you dont know what your doing you can pose a question and 20 people with more smarts and more experience are more than happy to chime in and try to help.

Whats better than that? Well maybe a couple of things but not many.

Anyway

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to put an extra wide rear swingarm on the bike in order to fit two skinnier tires on the axle with the right spacers of course instead of one fat one. Would that be an advantage? Seems like it would be really good for going straight down the road but turning not so much. Maybe the front too.

Like the bike with the Viper motor in it.

I cant seem to upload a photo so here is the link to the BBBad ass Tomahawk

http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/tomahawk.html

I think you should do it.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I've never ridden one, but did mount up and found that I had to lean way too forward for my comfort. I love to ride one that would allow me to sit upright. The interesting part is that allowance for sitting upright is supposed to be one of its attributes.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
A friend of mine has one of these. He rode it up to my house this weekend. Uses an Aprillia 1000 v-twin in it, with traction and handling control as well as antilock brakes. Has more options then one person needs.... Silly fast too.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/6823/
A buddy of mine just got one of them things too. He was talking how fast it was, but he got quiet after riding with me and the V :D

Actually it is a very fast "bike" it isn't as comfortable as I expected it to be though. The seating possition is much more layed down, like a sport bike more than I figured it would be. He likes it though and that's all that matters.

I'm having trouble uploading to this thread. It says unvalid file type but they are jpegs. Anyway I used Flickr.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
A friend of mine has one of these. He rode it up to my house this weekend. Uses an Aprillia 1000 v-twin in it, with traction and handling control as well as antilock brakes. Has more options then one person needs.... Silly fast too.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/6823/

For some reason it looks like a snowmobile to me.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
If you don't mind two steering front wheels, there were some "trikes" that were configured just that way, made out of front engine automobile motors and transaxles. Talk about silly overpowered. How about a Northstar V8 transaxle with a single trailing wheel? A Subaru flat opposed engine would be almost invisible under a front cowling like that.

I'm sure everybody knows the Tomahawk wasn't either a trike of a motorcycle, it was a really skinny car, with 4 wheel independent suspension.

·
Registered
40,768 Posts
A buddy of mine just got one of them things too. He was talking how fast it was, but he got quiet after riding with me and the V :D
How much extra was the Darth Vader droid option?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts