Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rode into a down pour yesterday. I kept hearing what sounded like an old camera flash winding up, super high pitch electrical pulses. Any ideas? Or is this something normal?

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,956 Posts
Can't imagine what it could have been except possibly water getting turned to steam in some pocket of the engine and being forced out of a small opening....or if you had a passenger, possibly some screaming in your ear?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been with the other half for 20 years, believe me, I know what the screams sound like.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
I don't know how you heard anything, ridden in many walls of water, the last thing I'm thinking of is what I heard... However, I am old and partially deaf.:)

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Well you are riding on a large metal object that conducts electricity in a electrical storm , soaking wet . If you happen to also notice the hair on the back of your neck standing up straight everytime you heard that discharge of electricity , you & your passenger were very lucky . Very lucky indeed ! LOL.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Well you are riding on a large metal object that conducts electricity in a electrical storm , soaking wet . If you happen to also notice the hair on the back of your neck standing up straight everytime you heard that discharge of electricity , you & your passenger were very lucky . Very lucky indeed ! LOL.

^^^this. Your bike could have been acting like a lightning rod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts