Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be going to this shindig at the end of the month. I'll be traveling through TN on the 30th of July to my first stop will be in Athens, Tn at a forum members house to rest up and leave out for another friends house in Hountingdon, Tn. Saturday morning we'll head to Ronneroo.

This is the place and some details https://www.facebook.com/pages/Confederate-Flag-Benefit-AKA-Ronnaroo/296162600410294

Anyone on my route through, you're welcome to meet up with me/us in Athens or Huntingdon and or go to the shindig with us.

·
Registered
42,156 Posts
I didn't realize this flag was in jeopardy of becoming extinct:

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're trying to rewrite history, we can't let it happen. I know the north is as proud of their history as we are in the south. We have to draw a line and say get over it at some point.

·
Registered
42,156 Posts
True. I think you were talking about the Battle Flag of Tennessee, not the Stars and Bars as depicted above.

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The so called "confederate flag" stars and bars was the northern VA flag. Flown one time in the battle at Manassas,VA, then changed so other confederate troops didn't mistake it for the flag of the northern aggression. But any confederate flag to the southern states is in jeopardy.

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There were several variations of the "stars and bars" but the main flag being targeted is the flag that's being desecrated.

·
Registered
42,156 Posts

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been there done that, since this "confederate flag" fiasco started. I've researched my limited access to the Smithsonian library and my colleges library and can find where the particular flag was flown one time in battle. It flew over many a camp and bases, but that's not the debate. The debate is a war that was fought over money and power, the same as the revolutionary war when we, the colonies wanted out from under British tyranny.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,970 Posts
Been there done that, since this "confederate flag" fiasco started. I've researched my limited access to the Smithsonian library and my colleges library and can find where the particular flag was flown one time in battle. It flew over many a camp and bases, but that's not the debate. The debate is a war that was fought over money and power, the same as the revolutionary war when we, the colonies wanted out from under British tyranny.

I knew I liked you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts