Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Noel
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sharing this here as found on a Diesel forum I follow.

The RPM Act got re-introduced to the senate. This literally involved ANYTHING motorsports, and 100,000's of jobs and shops. It has failed to pass 2x now.

https://performanceracing.com/news/rpm-act-reintroduced-us-senate?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=email&utm_content=331234&utm_campaign=PRI+October+23+Newsletter+V3N43

https://www.votervoice.net/SEMA/campaigns/45394/respond

I have heard directly from some larger shop owners that it won't be long before they will have to close their doors if it doesn't pass, due to the nature of their shop as being more performance based.

Simply put, the only race cars that are allowed to exist (per EPA) are custom built tube chassis, and as we all know, few people can afford to own $100k plus car/truck just to go have fun at their local track.

Those of you here that are also on other forums for other gearhead type stuff, please pass along the links. It's NOT just a diesel thing. Last year Two Brothers exhaust and Yoshimura got hit for bike exhaust.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,209 Posts
A Bill with practicality, and sadly, inasmuch as it has nothing to do with impeaching Trump, it'll never get a minute's notice in the House.

·
Proud Infidel
2,773 Posts
I don't fully understand the last part of the bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/2602/text?q={"search":["2602"]}&r=1&s=1

SEC. 4. Regulation.

(a) In general.—Not later than 1 year after the date of enactment of this Act, the Administrator shall finalize a regulation to implement the amendment made by section 3(a).
(b) Requirements.—The regulation under subsection (a) shall—
(1) describe reasonable conditions for the applicability of the exemption under the amendment made by section 3(a) that are consistent with the requirements described in section 3(b);
(2) provide that evidence of physical attributes of a vehicle to be used solely for competition may be sufficient to qualify for the exemption under the amendment made by section 3(a); and
(3) provide that a manufacturer, seller, or installer of a part or component seeking to use the exemption under the amendment made by section 3(a) may not rely solely on unsupported declarations from the purchaser or owner of a vehicle about—
(A) the legal status of the vehicle; or
(B) the intended use of—
(i) the part or component; or
(ii) the vehicle.
The seller can't sell the part unless the purchaser can PROVE it's a race only vehicle?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Proud Infidel
2,773 Posts

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,737 Posts
That's phucked up.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
FIFY

the truly sad thing about this entire farce that the EPA has perpetuated on the public is that so many of the "emission improvements" mandated by the EPA may reduce emissions, but they also reduce efficiency, so it takes more fuel, creating more emissions than the vehicle used and created before the "improvements" were made.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,209 Posts
Yeah, sort of like the ethanol additive to gasoline that was supposed to augment our fuel supply. Turns out that the 10% additive of EtOH reduces mpg by, you guessed it, 10% which means that we have made a lot of corn farmers very rich, screwed up a lot of gasoline engines, and accomplished exactly nothing useful except to kick a political football. Given that farce is well publicized, it now becomes obvious that to eliminate this requirement would cost whoever gets it done at least one corn producing state in the next election. Every time the government comes up with a law that forces us to buy something or add something or modify something, some pols get very rich in a hurry more times than not.

·
American
26,322 Posts
Yeah, sort of like the ethanol additive to gasoline that was supposed to augment our fuel supply. Turns out that the 10% additive of EtOH reduces mpg by, you guessed it, 10% which means that we have made a lot of corn farmers very rich, screwed up a lot of gasoline engines, and accomplished exactly nothing useful except to kick a political football. Given that farce is well publicized, it now becomes obvious that to eliminate this requirement would cost whoever gets it done at least one corn producing state in the next election. Every time the government comes up with a law that forces us to buy something or add something or modify something, some pols get very rich in a hurry more times than not.
Also subsidized the Ethanol plants to the tune of fifty cents a gallon so they can make a profit...... off of the subsidized corn from said farmers.... what a racket!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts