Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi California/LA riders,

I am preparing for a RT 66 trip in June.:biking:
Looking at the map, Rt 2 through the Angeles Natl Forest (from Phelan to La Canada Flintridge) looks like a real nice side-way to avoid part of the interstates during my last leg from Victorville CA to Santa Monica.

Any tips/comments/suggestions about that road?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Used to ride it all the time when I lived down there. By all means, if you're looking for a fun ride and not to just make a lot of miles in a day, take it! Riding the freeways on the LA side of the mountains just sucks eggs unless you like crowds, smog, heavy traffic, and a-hole drivers all around you. Riding the desert highways north of the mountains is nice and you'll make a few more miles in the same amount of time, but you will have already had a lot of that kind of riding further east, probably enough to last you for a lot of years. So if it were me it would be Hwy 2 for sure!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are planning to go from Philadelphia to St. Louis MO via highway, and then catch up with the historical RT 66 wherever we can. I hope that we'll have not too many HWY hours after leaving St. Louis :) And while browsing the maps I noticed that nice curvy road. I'll follow your advice and take it for sure!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts