Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber parts of the lines in the picture below seem to dull and cloud in no time. What is your favorite way to preserve the material and keep it looking new?

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Pig Spit

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Sorry I got nothing. I'm a soap and water guy. I'd like to know too.
I heard that Pig Spit is very good too.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard pig spit works nicely, but must be applied often and is simply expensive. "You get what you pay for", may apply.
Black Again, by Black Jack is supposed to be more durable, but does anyone know of any disadvantages to it? I truly do not know the chemistry, so may be all wet, but since this stuff is very thick, needs to cure and leaves a glossy appearance behind, I am concerned about it eventually contributing to degradation of the rubber.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I've heard pig spit works nicely, but must be applied often and is simply expensive.
You have a $20,000 motorcycle. $8.95 for Pig Spit is reasonable, me thinks.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Well, Pig Spit does go fast. You need to be frugal with it. I really don't know what else to use on rubber.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
i was about to ask where one would get some pig spit..

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
turd..

i looked it up on google.. and lil you are right ordering it from them is just as good and if not better than some resellers i saw.. so i ordered the travel kit with a little bit of every thing and a handy carry case for 20 bucks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts