Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my trailer up for sale for the last six months or so and only had a few bites and a ton of scammers...

Anyway this guy emails me earlier today and asked if I would be interested in this Ruger Nighthawk .44 magnum that has a ton of scroll work on it along with pearl grips and brass trigger guard etc...

I have a few pics of it and will try to post them in a few...

I mainly am wondering what it's worth. I'm asking $1200.00 for my trailer. It's a tandem axle 20'x6' 4" with a full diamond plate floor and drop down drive on ramps.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I'll give you $5.00 for the Ruger.....It's all I got. :laugh

But, if I were you, I think it's time to send old rusty to a new home...I would.

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
I have a .44 Super Black Hawk and wouldn't trade it for the world. But mine is a shootin iron, that one there is a "lookin iron". Nice gun but I have no use for it. I wouldn't swap.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I do the "deal" I will probably sell the Ruger since its way to pretty to carry. Or I may trade it off for something else, not sure yet.

He is saying the pistol is worth $1200 but, has dropped his price down to $900.

I'm looking at getting a taurus pt92af for a carry pistol and maybe something else for a backup.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you find the right person, you could sell that gun for $900.
If you don't find the right person, you could probably sell that gun for $400.
Your choice.

·
Indian Larry
8,948 Posts
I have a few of those "pretty guns" they shoot very nicely!
If you don't want it, I probably wouldn't trade. If he's been trying to sell it long enough that he's knocked 25% off his price, then I'd say he's high for the current, local market.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
id do the trade, but i have a very soft spot in regards to the ruger .44. as does anything you hit with it :nod

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm really on the fence here. On one hand the trailer just sits in the back yard... The Ruger will more than likely be used to get a more carry friendly piece. I may ask him to throw in a couple hundred and be done with it...

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,506 Posts
I agree with Labradaddy. That gun is a lookin' gun, and if you shoot it, or it has already been shot then it isn't worth near the $900. Then it just becomes a fancy shootin iron that the more wear it receives, the more its value diminishes. I haven't got much use for "lookin' guns", but that is just me. If you are on the fence then some part of you wants it.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I sent the guy my counter offer off the gun and $200 for the trailer. He call we me today and we figured out a meeting place and time. Once we got together and I had the pistol in my hands...

It's a Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum and it has only been fired once in its lifetime.
We got the deal done and I have it at home locked away safe and sound. I will post pics later.

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts
Congrats dude! Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took the family out for a nice dinner, then dug out the SBH and got my cleaning kit out. A few wipes with some Hops solvent turned up nearly nothing. I mean this this has never been fired more than once in its life as I was told. I couldn't find any residue in it anywhere.

Anyway, I'm babbling... Here are some new pics, they don't do it justice.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1366079333.138156.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1366079345.193433.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1366079386.816151.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1366079445.438689.jpg
The last image is a name, Tom Casper...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Hey Hammer, ya got any other photos? Those are a bit dark.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Oops!

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Didn't see the second page.

Well, I like it. However, who is "Tom Casper?" Is he the engraver, or the guy for whom the gun was made?

And by the way, I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The guy I got it from, bought it from the original owners wife after he passed away. I didn't see the name till I got it home and was going over it. Otherwise I would have asked him about it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts