Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor that the MoCo will begin offering smaller and entry level price motorcycles in order to contend with the ever changing consumer profile.

Discuss please.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
I wouldn't mind a HD dirt bike.

But they do already have the Sportster. What would be next?

·
What?
3,256 Posts
I see. Something around the 300 to 400 cc range. Three to four thousand new? I could see that. It would probably bring in more of the younger kids, (high school age and a little older) and get them associated with Harley quicker.

How about a 200 to 400 cc street / dirt combination. I wouldn't mind that.

·
Roll Tide
83 Posts
I see. Something around the 300 to 400 cc range. Three to four thousand new? I could see that. It would probably bring in more of the younger kids, (high school age and a little older) and get them associated with Harley quicker.

Didn't they have this some years ago. I seem to remember in high school (late 70's) one of my class mates had a Harley dirt bike.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

That is just what they were talking about.

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
I would buy something like that. And my wife tells me i'm like a kid.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
That's exactly what they need to do

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Hmm Lil you having fun with us?

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Well I hope they don't have plans to introduce the Italian made bike over hear, that may not be so good. I have little faith in Italian moto quality.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Didn't they have this some years ago. I seem to remember in high school (late 70's) one of my class mates had a Harley dirt bike.
In 1961 Harley introduced the 250 Sprint which was a venture between Harley and Aermacchi of Italy. In 69 the displacement was jumped to 350cc. There was a street model, a scrambler, and you could buy an out of the box road racer with a complete fairing for around $5000. Production stopped in 1974.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
HHHHMMMM!!!!! a brand new 125 or 165 Hummer built just like the ones in 49-62 would have to be on My shopping list.:nod:nod:thumb

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HHHHMMMM!!!!! a brand new 125 or 165 Hummer built just like the ones in 49-62 would have to be on My shopping list.:nod:nod:thumb
Here's one from the year I was born.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Thats a nice shade of red. You can see some of todays styling in it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Here's one from the year I was born.
Oh man, I was going to ask. I really was. But I am new here and I am too old and fat to run very far or fast so I will allow myself to be overcome by common sense and just a touch of "Please don't hit me!!".

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Oh man, I was going to ask. I really was. But I am new here and I am too old and fat to run very far or fast so I will allow myself to be overcome by common sense and just a touch of "Please don't hit me!!".
Man you still could be in trouble, I'm backing away. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts