Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! First time poster, I’ve looked and can’t seem to find something quite like what I’m experiencing. I’m kind of in a panic at the moment. I just rode my bike 600 miles to the beach for vacation. I let it sit overnight and went to start it this morning to go grab some food and it immediately started clattering and died. It sounded like a rod turned loose in the tone of it. I thought my starter Jack leg got hung or something so I tried again. Same thing. Did it again and it finally started and the clattering stopped, but it’s only running on one cylinder and backfiring pretty bad. Oil pressure is right on the money, no more noise, spark plugs are fairly new. I swapped the plug wires to see if it would make a difference, and it made it not run at all. Pulled the plug wires and the oil cap to see if air from the cylinder was going through the case, it wasnt. I’m going to run a compression check and electrical diagnosis if the compression is there. But I’m shocked. It ran perfectly fine all the way down here, was shut off several times along the way and started right back up just fine. No hiccups, spitting, sputtering, etc. never had an issue with this bike. Any ideas? Bad coil? Bent valves? Bad crank sensor?

2000 ultra classic 80k on the bike, around 15k on the 103”

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, there was a thunderstorm that was REALLY bad last night that lasted for a good 2-3 hours and the bike was left out in it. Could water have been sitting in the breather or breather cover and got sucked in when I started it this morning? Im not sure if this will make a difference, but any details may help you know?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts