Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I have a 2001/2 1450 roadking flhrci I have an arlen Ness filter and V&H dual big shots problem is when cold it bogs down and hesitates when throttling on but fine when warm... I bought a new V&H fuel pak but realisedit has an old ecm ecu and not the small black one so it won't fit and can't one anywhere.. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

·
Just Ride
3,108 Posts
Buy the right fuel Pak,go to new members section and introduce yourself. PCV will work. (Power Commander 5)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently there isn't a fuel pak I can buy as it an old ecu.. How do I get onto the new members section? Thanks

·
Poser Member # 99
17,409 Posts
Click on the tab in the black line across the top of the Page were it says Forum and then go thru the drop down menu to find New to Community and introduce your Self. Then you can look thru the sections and Find your Bike and then Page thru . Then you can find your issue and See what other people have done

·
Barney Fife - Poser
893 Posts
Hi there I have a 2001/2 1450 roadking flhrci I have an arlen Ness filter and V&H dual big shots problem is when cold it bogs down and hesitates when throttling on but fine when warm... I bought a new V&H fuel pak but realisedit has an old ecm ecu and not the small black one so it won't fit and can't one anywhere.. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
So what year is your bike, 2001 or 2002?

If it's 2001 then you have Magneti Marelli EFI and you'll have very limited options for finding a tuner. A Power Commander is probably your best bet. You might luck out and find an old stock PCIII USB somewhere or pick up a used one. The PCV comes in a MM version too. https://www.dynojet.com/power-commander-v-for-1997-2001-harley-davidson-touring-models-15-040/ None of the flash tuners will work.

It's not likely you will find anybody to dyno-tune it either, but again, you may luck out.

The cold stutter is pretty common with MM and the solution is not to try to be cool by cranking up the engine and taking off. Let it warm up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Try pulling out your manual if it's MM Efi and try resetting hot/cold idles. Introduce yourself. Some very knowlegable folks here on efi problems.

·
Retired citizen
22,886 Posts
Correct, '01 has the Magneti Marelli EFI (ECM 32423-99C), '02 went to Delphi.
I think the 'Stage' downloads are still available from the dealer for the M.M. ECMs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have asked the tech guy at my local dealership and apparently no downloads available ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts