Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders, I am new to Harley’s and new to this forum. I am an avid rider for about 15 years, I have just inherited an 04 dyna glide from my father. It ran when he parked it 3years ago. I brought it home and cleaned any gas out, and gave her a new jug of the juice!charged battery and then tried to fire it, when I did it tried to run for about 3 seconds and dies. Reprime the pump and tried to start again and it’ll fire for 3 seconds. I assume it is running on the startup fuel every time it runs the pump... I can spray carb spray into the intake and it’ll run. When I disconnect the quick connect at the tank I can press the schrader valve and fuel comes out. I am leaning towards injectors, or I’m not getting injector pulse... any ideas? Thanks in advance !

·
Retired citizen
24,526 Posts
Hello fellow riders, I am new to Harley’s and new to this forum. I am an avid rider for about 15 years, I have just inherited an 04 dyna glide from my father. It ran when he parked it 3years ago. I brought it home and cleaned any gas out, and gave her a new jug of the juice!charged battery and then tried to fire it, when I did it tried to run for about 3 seconds and dies. Reprime the pump and tried to start again and it’ll fire for 3 seconds. I assume it is running on the startup fuel every time it runs the pump... I can spray carb spray into the intake and it’ll run. When I disconnect the quick connect at the tank I can press the schrader valve and fuel comes out. I am leaning towards injectors, or I’m not getting injector pulse... any ideas? Thanks in advance !
If this is the case then it's most likely NOT a security system issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts