Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really liked my rush slip ons on my old bike and am thinking about replacing my american custom exhaust on my 11 FLHX.

Any big difference between the big Louie's and their touring exhaust?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like my Big Louies on my '12 Road King. They are no where near as loud as the ones that I had on my Sportster but they are better than stock. To get the sound I really want I have to change the head pipes and have it tuned $$$.

Here is a link to a video I made. It is short but there is also another one showing the stock. One of these days I will combine it into a single video to make the comparison easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnaUPEk7rng&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Joshua

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I had Rush mufflers on my Heritage, and I was very happy with them. I know a couple of guys that have them on their touring bikes. They sound great, IMO.

I ended up deciding to go with Jackpot mufflers from Fuel Moto. The performance is supposed to be better. I also really liked their "quiet" baffle. It cuts the overall noise a few dbs without altering the nature of the sound that much. My bike still has a nice, low rumble but quiet enough on the highway to hear the radio.

I also have another insert that came with the quiet baffles that can be installed in 30 seconds with one screw. It quietens the bike essentially down to stock.

Or, I can swap out the quiet baffle itself for the regular baffle that came with pipes (it's only in one of the pipes) in 5-10 minutes. The regular baffles are not ridiculous, but they are loud. More like the Rush mufflers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up deciding to go with Jackpot mufflers from Fuel Moto. The performance is supposed to be better. I also really liked their "quiet" baffle. It cuts the overall noise a few dbs without altering the nature of the sound that much. My bike still has a nice, low rumble but quiet enough on the highway to hear the radio.
Interesting. Fuel's site says they are only for stock headpipes, but I can't see why they wouldn't work with a cat-less head pipe. I'll ask them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@chasarms

You know what, the Jackpots look and sound good from the clips I've heard. I'll bet they are similar to the Rush ones and they are a little cheaper.

I think I'll go the Jackpot route, now to decide on the 3.5 or 4" :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts