Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing great things about these slip ons. The sound and quality is awesome. I would prefer a 2-1 system (Fatcats) but for $249 for the Rush mufflers seem tempting.

Anyone have any feedback or experience with Rush Mufflers? Their website is www.epiflex.com

RIDE HARD AND RIDE SAFE
FATBOY AL
FT. LAUDERDALE, FL

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have 2 friends that just installed the rush mufflers with the 2.25" baffles. They do sound really great! I went to the dealer to get some for my dyna but they didn't have any in stock. They sold me some screamin eagle ii's they had laying around at a good price and said they were just as good. I can tell the difference betwen the two (rush sounds better to me still) but I'm very pleased with the SE ii's. It's really not an apples to apples comparison though because I called Epiflex (Rush) and they recommended I stay at 2" or lower on the baffle size to keep from needing a computer download and the dealer recommended the SE ii's to be the equiv. of the 2" Rush's. Without hearing the 2" Rush's for myself, I'd guess that it's pretty darn close. Don't confuse the new SE's with the SE II's though - they are definitely dramatically different. One friend that has only had his bike a couple of months already tried the new ones and now has already gone to the Rush mufflers.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Like my Rush mufflers on the Ultra. Great quality and sound.

·
Old Fart
1,367 Posts
I hate to be the one but..... I didn't like the Rush Exhaust. I have a 2009 Street Glide and instaled the 1.75's on the bike. After a week I started to get a rattling and "chirp" at certain speeds. I had the Heavy Breather Intake installed and the fuel remaped for a little more power, so I bumped the Rush baffels to the 2.00. A few weeks later, same problem. The dealer told me that was common for Rush. Less expensive because they skimp on quality. I will buy Rineharts this winter. Anybody interested in a set of Rush slip-ons with two baffel sizes?

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
SwampRat
836 Posts
Update on my Rush Slip Ons .. Not so Happy with them now less than a Year old .. Anyone need a right side one cause this is the left .. Actually Threw them away .. Got Pythons on now, a tad loud but some would think sounds great ..

·
Registered
951 Posts
I had Rush 1.75 on a Deluxe for a year............was very happy with them. I have had 1.75 slip ons on my RKC for three years now and not one complaint.

·
Banned
102 Posts
I have rush on my softail. I like them real well. the only thing I would maybe do different is use 2 inch baffles instead of 2.25.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So far so good with my Rush slip ons, have a real nice deep throaty sound to em. Hope mine dont end up like that tho.

·
Stranded.....in Iowa
493 Posts
Rush slip-on's, 1.75" on my 2010 WG, look and sound good. A little quiet but nice deep rumble, which is why I just picked up V&H shortshots to put on. Waiting for some mounting hardware and the RUSH pipes may find their way to the for sale forum...

·
Harley Dad
17 Posts
I have rush 2'' slip-ons on my 08 flstc and like them alot. They have a great sound and work well with the power commander and stage 1 air cleaner.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I just finished installing rush 2 baffles on my heritage. I haven't even been for a ride, but there's no question that the bada$$ery just went up about 4 notches just from firing it up in my garage.

I'm going to take it out on the road in a little bit to see how it sounds when you wind it up.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Just to follow up:

I've been sporting the Rush slip-ons for a couple of weeks, and I really like the way the bike behaves. I'm not certain that it runs any better, but it does sound KILLER. The 2" baffles are pretty loud, and the low-end at idle is absolutely classic. It totally changed the character of the bike.

I'm not really hearing significant decel pop even though the rest of the bike is stock. Maybe once in a while when you get off it quick at high RPM, but with normal riding it's a non-issue.

I'll be doing the fuel and air this winter. I'm sure I'll appreciate them even more when those pieces are done.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Post edited.

Chit, responded to an old post I had already responded to. Lets blame it on the beer tonight.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts