Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a 2008 Dyna FXD with stock pipes. I would really want to install just some slip-ons and I fell in love with the sound of the Rush 2.25. Well, that's where it gets tricky for me I still have the warranty on the bike and I wonder if I should just take her into the shop or try and do all mods myself (hubby promised to "advise" but not touch the bike unless I ask him too!!!). Anyway, what else do I need?
And guys, please be "gentle" with the newbie, OK...
Thanks,
Cristina

·
Registered
39,558 Posts
Wrenches and/or socket wrench.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duh... Back to the initial question... Just trying to learn, OK? Remember those days when you did not know much and you were trying to get answers? Oh, sorry, what am I thinking? You were born smart and knowledgeable, right?
Thanks anyway

·
Registered
39,558 Posts
Wow, ok don't think that was the right answer? Go try somewhere else.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Duh... Back to the initial question... Just trying to learn, OK?
Use the search function. This topic has been asked more times than "What's the best oil?".

If you go to the "Exhaust" section alone, and read back a few months or even WEEKS, you'll find your answer. If it's still not clear to you, PM me and I'll walk you through it.......at the cost of one beer, per 10 minutes. :thumb

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hi Cristina,

Sometimes it's hard to see that someone is just joking around when you read a post on a forum. Putting aftermarket parts on in and of itself doesnt void the warranty as long as it is not the cause of the failure that has you needing the warranty work. If your still worried about it you could always unbolt the part and put back the original stuff before taking it in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved. As of last night I am the proud owner of some really good sounding/looking pipes. After research and one's "blessing" for my choices (thank you, you are my hero ol', cranky one!) I went with:
Vance Hines HS Slip-ons
Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage One
Fuelpak
Parts came in yesterday and I was planning to take Friday off and do the work... Have I ever mentioned I am not a patient person???
So, last evening, after 4 hrs of working, she sounds like a Harley!!! All I need now is one of those "Can you hear me now?" T-Shirts. :nod Cause trust me, you have to be legally deaf not to :lol8
And yes, besides the bolts holding the old pipes (those were tight!!!) I did it myself. Lots of walking around with a puzzled look on my face - "how on earth is this going to go there?", "darn, I can't do this!" and "duh!"... But it is done. Muscle cramps, few scrapes and super excited look on my face!!!
Thank you guys. Appreciate the help and the advice
Cristina

1 - 7 of 7 Posts